Chapter 29: Healing

Start from the beginning

Just as Harry had untied him and was pouring a red-ish coloured liquid into Zach mouth, massaging his throat to make him swallow it, a sixth year started to approach. "So king, what are we going to do about Umbridge?" Harry carried on with what he was doing and thought for a few moments.

"What can we do? She's trying to take control of the school, trying to take control of Dumbledore; he may even try to get rid of him. Which honestly I have no malice over, but she doesn't seem any more bearable than Dumblecuck." He said confidently, but not too loud, so to not attract any attention. Theo snickered at Harry's insult.

"Dumblecuck? I thought it was Dumblefuck?" Theo asked, his chest jumping every now and then from laughing. 

Harry just smirked and he stood up, his eyes closing. "Varieties." His eyes opened to reveal a cunning and malicious pair of eyes, Harry clearly knew exactly what he was going to do about Umbitch if things got out of hand. "Anyway," Harry said calmly, looking towards the sixth year. "We are going to let Umbridge use us as her servants, that is her intention as she was a Slytherin and she wants to use us as lab rats. Just so we can do her bidding, although I'm not sure she'll go after me since I'm the 'Golden boy', and I'm not trusted. So I'll be able to do some inside work a different way." Harry's smile turned twisted at the end of his sentence.

The sixth year nodded with a satisfied smirk and walked off to her group of friends. "What should we do if Umbitch forces us to go against you?" Draco asked, his focus wavering to Zach then to Harry, unsure if he should be explaining his plans in front of a boy who has most likely discovered a new vendetta against their king.

Harry looked into Draco's eyes, noticing Draco's distrust that echoed in his eyes, a look that had been shot towards Harry on multiple occasions in the past. "Well there's nothing we can do. Just go along with her plans and if she does do that I'll simply make her wish she didn't take such action." His tone was cold and empty, having harsher intentions than he was letting on, Draco knew it. 

Draco shrugged and Theo yawned loudly, "Alright then, I'm going to get in bed because I, for one, am fucking knackered!" 

"Classes are going to start up again you do know that right? It's literally midday" Harry chuckled. 

"You sound so sinister when you laugh, you know that?" Harry didn't reply, only looked him in the eye and smirked. "I'm now fully convinced that I'm going to die in my sleep!"

"See you in hell Theodore." Theo shivered and said good night to Blaise and Draco who were smiling at him in amusement. Harry turned back to Zach and opened a vial, lifting it up to his nose, letting the smell enter his nostrils. Zach slowly began to wake up, his eyes fluttered open and sat up staring at Harry with a shocked face. "I've given you a potion that will help your wounds and shit heal up faster, you should be fine by the end of the week. I'm not going to gloat and brag about my victory in your face, so don't worry about that, I couldn't care less."

Zach let his eyes wander down to his hands, where grazes from the rope laid on his wrists. "But why? You're supposed to leave me unconscious and all wounded and shit?" He asked, genuinely curious of why Harry was helping him. "And when did you start to talk?"

Harry rolled his eyes, "I'm not like the Dark Lord, I don't let the people that are my own house become weaker than others, so we're weaker. Also I'm not a bloody tyrant, I'm not better than anyone in this house, I just hold higher status in the placement of the house. I'm still as human as you are, depending on the fact that you aren't." Zach chuckled. "And I started talking after you had been knocked out. Anyway you best change your uniform before we head to class, it's a little dirty."

"Fair enough, thanks for this Potter." Draco's face changed to complete shock at Zach's words and stared at him as he walked to his dorm room. 

"Merlin, he thanked you! I was expecting a death threat!" Draco exclaimed as he sat down next to Harry. Harry simply shrugged and closed his eyes. "You better change your uniform as well mate, don't want to look like one of the Weasleys. Also you better stop talking now otherwise your throat will hurt in the morning from all this chatting about."

Harry nodded and limped up the stairs up to his dorm and changed silently. His eyes were locked onto the corner of the room where his sleep paralysis demon sat. "You good Harry?" Said boy jumped at the sound of Theo's voice. He grew concerned as he saw Harry gulp down an identical potion he had given Zach. Harry just nodded and shrugged on his Slytherin robe, mouthing 'class' to Theo. He nodded and helped Harry down the stairs into the common room.

"Classes are starting now my snakes, hurry up." Snape called out, and Harry noticed that the usual sneer that was directed at him, wasn't anywhere to be seen. How much of an asshole did people think he was when he was in Gryffindor? For fucks sake.