Chapter 29: Healing

The whole common room was wild and chaotic, more than it had ever been during Draco's time in Hogwarts. People were yelling and cheering for Harry, who was panting and smiling as he saw Blaise, Theo and Draco running over to him. They picked him up onto their shoulders and cheered out. "To our new King!" Everyone cheered louder and lifted Harry up as he crowd surfed until he reached the stairs, where he smirked as the common room looked up at him eagerly. 

The loud and reckless common room that was there before, had been replaced by an almost silent and eager common room. Harry, for the first time in a while, opened his mouth and started talking. He had a little help from a potion that Draco had made just before they left for Hogwarts. His voice was rough but it got everyone's attention. "As you know, I, regretfully, used to be a Gryffindor. I had made friends there that now I have found out have betrayed my trust by stealing money from family and inheritance vaults, and an attempt at the Potter family line." Various Slytherins gasped or hissed at the mention of a family line theft. "The ignorant lions, mainly Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Ginny Weasley, despite them not all being in Gryffindor together, know not that I am aware of their theft. I do not plan to let them know any time soon, so I ask you of one favour. When we are out in the open, act as if I am an outsider when around other houses as well as professor Umbridge . They will get what they deserve in due time, but for now, I am sticking to a certain image that will fool their petty little minds."

The Slytherins smirked evilly at Harry's plan and without words, promised to keep up his disguise. One Slytherin raised her hand, Harry nodded at her to speak. "How far should we go to keep up this image? Because it must seem genuine, but to not hurt you in the process." Others nodded as well, wondering the answer, not wanting to hurt their superior.

Harry thought for a second, brushing his hair back slightly. "As far as what would be usually acceptable with people watching. If their are Gryffindors around, there is most likely going to be a teacher near since they suck up to every teacher as much as possible, especially Granger even if she is a Ravenclaw. But if physical contact must be used to make it seem more believable, punches, kicks, juvenile curses, jinxes etc can be used. And for obvious reasons, the unforgivables are out of the question. But for the first two months starting now, can I ask that we tone the attacks down if they are used due to recent damage that was inflicted on myself." The Slytherin girl nodded and thanked him. "Anymore questions?"

Another Snake raised his hand, a fourth year, Harry guessed. "We've had specific rules for Slytherin, like protecting others and keeping our fights and disagreements hidden instead of out in the open. Will that be changed since my father told me that people have changed that rule."

Harry made his decision quickly, no thinking needed. "No, that rule will not be changed as Professor Snape had said before that we will keep our disagreements in this common room only. Besides, to make ourselves look like and act like the strongest house, we need to keep our bonds strong and invisible to other members of the school in the other houses, as some may want to take advantage of that." No one disagreed with his argument, and some had subtly shocked glimmers in their eyes, not thinking of the disadvantages of showing vulnerability.

"Now if no one has anymore questions, carry on with what you were doing, other than that, Blaise and Pansy, can you carry Zachary to a sofa please?" The two fifth years nodded and the crown dissipated; everyone carried on with what they were doing before. 

Harry walked over to where Zach was laying, still on his stomach and tied up, and still unconscious. "What are you doing with him Hades?" Draco asked, leaning on the back of the sofa, staring disinterestedly at Zach's pained face. 

"Heal him then wake him up, I don't want him to think I'm a bloody psychopath that leaves people tied up. He may have been a bitch but he duelled fairly." Harry muttered the last bit, a bite in his tone.