Chapter 7: Maybe

6:37am. Harry sat quietly and patiently as he waited for Petunia to release the padlocks that Harry had destroyed and rebuilt last night to shower the blood off. Harry realised that it might be weird if he was he was standing there all clean and no sign of what happened last night. So he put a little dirt from the walls on his face to show that he had been brutally smashed against the walls repeatedly. His clothes looked the same as they did before with a gathering of blood on the back of his oversized t-shirt.

He had been tossing and turning due to a nightmare and got awakened by Ostium. His back was bleeding a lot but he didn't feel any pain whatsoever, which made him realise that maybe Vernon had hit him a little too hard, causing severe, long lasting nerve damage.

Weirdly though, Harry was smiling slightly.

But not because of the pain or abuse, but the cream tinted letter that had been delivered to Harry that morning. 

-------

5:53am. The brown and black owl belonged to Gringotts, it was obvious as she wore a light golden band around her leg to signify her strong authority for even an owl. The owl had a sympathetic look towards Harry as she looked around his room and then looked at the small boy, offering her talons as an invitation to take the letter. 

Harry had grabbed a bag of owl treats and a bowl of water for her and took the letter with a weak smile. The owl, flora as he had found out, hooted appreciatively and leaned into the stroke on her chest she received.

As Flora nibbled on the treats and drunk the water, Harry read the letter, basking in the early morning sunrise. 

Dear Mr Potter, 

we have been received  news of your inheritance coming into play, if you could please visit Gringotts, we would like to share some important news of your inheritance and your vaults. Please arrive as soon as you can, it's not urgent but I feel it would be better to get it notified now.                                                                                                                                                                       -Shacklehook

Hold the letter and say 'Galleons' and you will be apparated outside of Gringotts.

5:59am. Harry looked up at Flora and wondered silently and curiously as to what had been going wrong with his vaults. 

6:04am. Flora had finished up her water, she obviously needed it, and she looked at Harry with a grateful look in her eyes and made a thankful noise quietly which sounded perfectly like a 'Thank you' crossed with a hoot. Maybe he was going mad. 

6:05am. Flora took off, her brown and black feathers ruffling in the wind peacefully. Then a thought took over Harry's head which made his eyes widen and his legs hit the side of his bed as he backed away from the window sill. Ostium hissed worriedly, "What'ssss wrong masssster?"

Harry looked at his hands and shook his head, looking back out of his window and to where Flora had flew off to Gringotts.

How the fuck did he know the owl's name?

6:11am. Harry shook his head again, he's definitely going mad, that's what happens when your alone for so long, right?

-------

6:37am. Harry was on his bed staring at the letter. 

6:38am. Harry stayed staring at the letter.

6:39am. Harry kept staring at the letter.

6:40am. Harry's eyes started to water as his emotions were getting too overwhelming.

6:41am. Harry wiped his eyes quickly to hide any evidence of him crying.