Chapter 28: King

All furniture was cleared to the side and every Slytherin student was either standing to the side or sitting on the pushed back furniture. All watching eyes were focused on two boys.

One held and intimidating amount of power and his face was challenging and threatening. His hair was short and a dirty blond. His eyes were a dark brown and his stance was antagonizing. His light brown wand covered in spikes was brandished towards the opposite boy.

The other held an overwhelming amount of power and his face was calm but determined. His pitch black hair was messily styled. His Avada Kedavra green eyes were pulsing with magic, and his stance was predatory like a snake or a lion. His brown wand was clutched in his hand and pointed towards the ground.

"Harry Potter. You have entered Salazar Slytherin's house with no problem, you have been welcomed and an alliance has clearly been made between our Slytherin Prince-" He motioned to Draco, who was leaned against the wall next to the head of the house, Severus Snape, even he was intrigued by the performance that was taking place. He couldn't stop them, this had been a tradition ever since he could remember. "-and for that, you have made a positive name for yourself. But as a tradition, you must duel against the King of Slytherin to gain a place in this house. I am the king if it was not clear and the rules are simple. Duel me, if you lose I, as well as the Queen, Princess and Prince, will decide your place based on your fighting performance. If you win you shall take your rightful place as King or Queen, and most likely in your case, King.

"Everything clear?" Harry nodded with a new spark of mischief echoing in his eyes. Zach internally shivered, he knew his place was in deep trouble and would be cast as the status just before the prince. But a feeling of determination rang through him and he was prepared to win.

A seventh year student stepped in the middle of the two, she was clearly the referee of the duel given her professional attitude that had been announced the moment she stepped foot towards them. "All spells except unforgivable are allowed to be used, and at any time if you can't use your magic or your wand is out of reach, physical contact is allowed. The duel will end when one loses consciousness or when one surrenders."

"Man, not to ruin the moment or anything but my bladder is so fucking full of pumpkin juice that I might have enough power to projectile piss on Zachary over there" Theo whispered to Draco and Blaise, who snickered quietly. "I'm not joking though, I'm going to pop over to the bog for a second. Call me if anything happens." Both Blaise and Draco nodded, still trying to stifle their laughter.

Sadly for Theo, the duel started just as he left so as fast as a mother fucking cheetah, he scrambled to the loos. "Bloody peanut sized bladder..." he muttered.

Spells were quickly thrown. Cheers and shouts were heard from the sidelines. Snape stood in the back with analysing eyes and Draco stood with a smirk on his face, he knew what Harry could do and he knew that he was going to be looking down upon everyone in a sweet and non-manipulative way. 

Harry was dodging faster and throwing defensive spells, never offensive, yet. Zach was moving everywhere, dodging some spells and shooting offensive jinxes and curses. It was all random for Zach and seemed to be working for every duel he had come across, but this time, it was different. Usually the opponent would follow the same random pattern of shooting spells due to the heat of the moment. But Harry was different.

All his movements were strategic and planned out, every spell made by himself and Zach were documented into his brain. He would keep all eyes on Zach and his movements, and no matter how much the seventh year would try to change his movements to throw Harry off, he would always adapt. It was scary if he was being honest. 

Moments like this always excited Harry, dueling was the only time where he could test his magical abilities to a higher degree than usual. But there was the occasional time he would secretly hit Dudley with a wandless jelly leg jinx; the beating after wasn't as pleasant though. 

The moment where a random spell hit Zach from behind is what gave him and everyone else a shock. "Bloody hell! Where did that come from?" Theo whispered as he walked back from the bog. "Was that Harry? Merlin I'm scared to be rooming with the bugger now..." He asked in a joking tone. 

Harry smirked maliciously and another spell hit Zach in the back, it caused him to stumble forward and glare at Harry. Harry kept smirking, he pointed his wand towards Zach and a red spark flew towards the snake king's wand. It shot out of his hand and the duel started all over again. 

Zach suddenly charged towards Harry and knocked him backwards onto his back with the seventh year on top of him. Harry's wand was out of his hand and on the floor in seconds and then the fight really began. Zach threw a punch at Harry jaw and hit him dead on, and in return Harry punched him in the eye. 

Harry rolled them over and dug his elbow into Zach's shoulder, said boy quickly responded and kicked Harry in the back. Harry was viciously thrown across the room and Zach charged once again. The cheering turned into chanting as half of the crown chanted Zach's name as the other chanted Harry's. 

Harry got back up and ducked, grabbing Zach's leg and tripping him then dragged him over to the middle of the room. The king kicked Harry in the leg making him fall onto Zach's leg, the fight only got more brutal. Blood was splattered on the ground from Harry's bleeding mouth. 

Zach aimed a kick in the balls but it was quickly stopped by Harry bending Zach's leg to the side, not enough to break it but enough to hurt him just a little bit. He flipped Zach on his front and grabbed his other leg and then bended them towards his back. With his weight, Harry made sure Zach's legs couldn't move while he grabbed his arms then yanked off his tie and tied Zach's wrists together. 

The crowd started cheering louder and Harry only smirked harder. Draco was chanting Harry's name as well as lots of others, he was smirking as well. He glanced at his godfather only to see a determined and scary looking expression, Snape didn't usually show emotions clearly but this was too entertaining not to. Draco looked over to his friends who were cheering and chanting louder than he was. Theo was now on Blaise's shoulders and was screaming random cheers that probably made no sense but that just meant he was so into it that nothing mattered to him. If Theo didn't like Harry before then he certainly does now, Theo never liked Zach anyway so this was a dream come true. 

"GO ON HARRY! BEAT THE BLOODY GIT! YES HARRY! GET HIM! OH I'M GONNA BLOODY MARRY YOU AFTER THIS MATE!" Theo yelled out, Blaise started laughing uncontrollably and joined in on Theo's cheering, so did Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and Millicent. The whole common room was full of pure chaos and it seemed that Harry was winning, so the chaos would soon fade just as the sunset did over the damp hills. 

Harry grabbed Zach's tied wrist and dig the heel of his shoe into the 17 year old's back. Zach groaned out loudly and squirmed desperately, Harry's heel dug harder, he was silently telling him to surrender or he would be knocked out. "I'm not surrendering! You're not going to win!" He squirmed harder but Harry only pulled him up by the back of his tie and let him fall to the ground. Hard. His head his the floor and he was out fast. 

Harry had won and the crowd went bloody wild. Screaming and cheering and chanting, all of it because he made someone pass out. Imagine what would've happened if he killed him. 

He was the king after all. 

He would still end up king

What would be the problem? 

Simple. There wouldn't be one.