Chapter 16: Venenum

Knockturn Alley was cold, but not freezing, it had an eerie feeling to it that either made you curious or scared. Those that feared had heard too many rumours and tend to think that most creatures and all of society should follow a specific stereotype, they were not weak, but not strong. Those that were curious were free spirits and wanted nothing more than to seek knowledge, but not in words or descriptions, in person. If they wanted to learn about dementors, they would rather like to see one in person than read about it in a book. Those who are both have been through too much in their life, too much action had happened to make them think clearly, but they weren't done with it just yet.

Harry was both. He was scared of everything, his corrupted mind made him see his own death in the most innocent objects. Swings, he could fall off and snap his neck. Water, he could drown himself. Scissors he could accidently cut his wrists and bleed out because it cut an artery. Bed sheets, he could suffocate himself.

People, they could do all of that and more to him and that scared him the most. Humans and creatures alike could make him suffer in unpredictable ways. He would never know what they are thinking or planning to do.

9:07pm. Harry was slowly forgetting to keep track of time, if he wasn't careful he could get hurt if he lost track of time too much. The Malfoys somehow made him feel calm, they had shown no sign of hostility towards him or anyone. In actual fact they seemed scared of something as well.

All four of them were heading towards the exit of Knockturn Alley. They were heading towards the shops in Diagon Alley, deciding to get school supplies for Harry and Draco instead of a week or so before Hogwarts started again. Besides, they had gotten their equipment list for school a few days prior so they knew exactly what they needed to get. 

9:09pm. Harry and Draco had started talking quietly as they headed towards Flourish and Blotts for their School books, there were a lot more books to be bought this year because of their O.W.L.s, it was mostly transfiguration, charms and potions. But Harry and Draco grabbed a few books of their own secretly.

Harry had bought some books on the dark arts which weren't surprisingly in Knockturn Alley, a book on reptiles and magical creatures and a book in parseltongue which he got for free because it was of no use to the shopkeeper to have it in the shop. No one could read it anyway.

Draco had also bought a book on the dark arts, an extra potions book and a book on inheritances, a more updated version than the one he had at home.

9:11pm. No one knew they had bought extra books, even Harry didn't know that Draco had bought extra, and vice versa. They quickly met up with Narcissa and Lucius, who were waiting outside,  an headed over to the Apothecary, after buying all required potion ingredients as well as some extra that Narcissa needed for her healing potions, they headed over to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and got their school robes.

9:13pm. As Harry was getting measured along with Draco, he looked over to the Gryffindor robes hanging on racks behind the counter, probably pre ordered. The red and gold really did not look well on Harry now that he thought about it.

Once Draco and Harry were free to sit down with Lucius and Narcissa, waiting for their robes to come out, Harry quietly said "Red is a horrible colour" The Malfoys looked over at Harry in shock. He had his fist on his chin and his elbow on his knee, he was staring at the Slytherin and Gryffindor uniforms in the display window. His eyes glowed slightly as he stared, they glowed brighter, then duller, switching between the two every now and then. 

"I thought you liked wearing red, it's your house colour isn't it?" Draco asked, curiosity eating up his whole mind.

"I don't know, I don't even like being in Gryffindor. Everyone's too energetic and cheerful all of the time. They always think of the as the saviour instead of a bloody person." Harry mumbled out, obviously sick of even mentioning being the saviour or being in Gryffindor.