Chapter 13: Waking up

7:58pm. Harry finally woke up. His eyesight was clear despite his lack of glasses, still an array of white, cream and blue colour were blurred together. Slowly one by one his senses returned.

His eyes focused on a cream coloured intricate ceiling, almost spiraling even though he knew the ceiling was still. He heard soft mumbling coming from the other side of the blue curtain, three small figures' shadows showing that, from their height and body shape, they were goblins. Next he felt soft bed sheets underneath his body and the dried blood on his face. His sense of smell came next, the specific fragrance of disinfectant lingering in his mind from his numerous visits at the school hospital wing. Finally the taste of metallic tasting liquid in his mouth was recognised. More blood must have gathered in his mouth when he was passed out.

8:01pm. Flashing images of the last hour's activities raced in his subconscious. His head throbbed when he thought of the outcome of Vernon's late night return. A sober Vernon was dangerous, but a drunk Vernon. He was lethal, Harry had almost died a few times from blood loss.

Harry's heartbeat started to quicken at the thought of the Dursleys, but calmed once he felt Ostium slither round on his chest. Examining Ostium, he suddenly remembered that Ostium had slithered off of his body once they got in the room. 'Ostium might get his wings soon, he'll certainly be a handful then' Harry thought with a tired smile on his face.

The sound of metal sliding on metal made Harry sit up to see Shacklehook and Ripclaw as well as another goblin in more appropriate infirmary clothing. Shacklehook smiled at Harry, a glint of concern in his eyes. The amount of trust both Harry and Shacklehook had gained for each other was astounding, especially during this time limit. "How are you feeling?"

"A little dizzy but other than that I'm okay" He replied. Harry noticed a nervous and concerned look in the goblins' eyes. Harry's head tilted to the side, "What? Has something happened?" 

"No, no, it's not anything bad, well... it is bad..." Ripclaw muttered out, clear anxiety radiating from him in almost a grey kind of glow. "We had to go over your past injuries just in case your health condition could be affected by the potions we gave to you..."

Harry immediately knew what they were talking about and stayed surprisingly calm, only his spiraling magic begging to expel itself from Harry's nervous body. His eyes gleamed brighter, his magic calming down as it found a vessel to let out magic in a non-alarming method. The goblins took note of this and Shacklehook finalised the conversation, knowing that Harry didn't want to talk about his experiences in the slightest.

"Would you like to take a look at the list? You don't have to."

"No, I... I want to see the extent of my injuries..." Shacklehook nodded then looked at the goblin who worked in the infirmary, he walked up to Harry's bedside, stepping up on a small stair step at the side of the bed, and handed the 8 feet parchment to Harry hesitantly.

HEALTH CONDITIONS BEGINNING AT BIRTH

0-12 MONTHS OLD:

DIAGNOSED WITH- Photographic memory (Eidetic memory)

PHYSICAL- None

1 YEARS OLD:

DIAGNOSED WITH- Photographic memory (Eidetic memory), Mild PTSD

PHYSICAL- Lightning shaped gash on face, Blocks placed, Bruises, Cuts, Partial blindness (glasses needed)

2 YEARS OLD:

DIAGNOSED WITH- Photographic memory (Eidetic memory), Mild PTSD

PHYSICAL- Lightning shaped scar on face, bruises, cuts, partial blindness (glasses needed)