Chapter 22: Unexpected

1995 August 21st 10:34am.

Harry fidgets in bed and feels the need to move around and rip away his skin, his back and skin were itching and tingling and Harry had had enough of this shit. He worried for what would happen if he let his glamour fall with all these injuries. He sighs in discomfort and fall forward, straight into the duvet.

A soft clicking noise alerts Harry, but he doesn't lift his head, he knows it's Draco and he knows he's going to ask how he is. He does it every morning.

"How're you doing Hades?" Draco's nickname for Harry echoes throughout the room. Harry doesn't move, he can't be bothered to sign 'shit' as an answer. The bed dips as Draco climbs onto the bed, a gentle hand running over over Harry's back. The tingling intensifies and Harry tenses, Draco warm hand moves away from his back to rest on his own lap. "What's hurting?"

Harry waits a few moments then rolls onto his back to look at Draco who has a peaceful but half asleep expression. Harry found the effort to sign out: 'Can you keep a secret?' Draco processed the question, only having started learning sign language a bit after Harry had. 

"Yeah, why? Something wrong? Dick get stuck in a jar?" Draco asked, laughing at Harry's 'done with your shit' face afterwards.

10:37am. Harry smiled and rolled his eyes, knowing that Draco was only trying to make Harry feel less stressed. 'No you dumbass. I-' Harry stopped to think about how he was going to explain this.

10:38am. 'I got my inheritance, and it's not really- that normal' He finally signed it out with a breath of relief. Draco's face turned to shock then pure bliss.

"You too!? Is that why your skin feels tingly, because mine fucking does!" Harry smiled wider and nodded excitedly without hurting his neck too much. "Can I see yours?" Harry smiled and nodded then pointed at Draco. "Oh, yeah. I'll show you mine as well" Harry sat on the edge of his bed carefully, not trying to accidently kick Ostium or Venenum, Draco copied the action, facing Harry as they focused whilst looking at each other with excited expressions. 

"Okay. In three"

'Two'

'"One"' 

10:41am. A flash of multicoloured lights lit up the room, Ostium and Venenum just sat peacefully, not really paying much mind to what was happening to their masters.

Harry's hair and eyes stayed the same as his ears morphed into a more of a point at the end, his height increased by a few inches, his heirship ring and lordship bracelet was revealed, patterns began to spiral round his torso, stitches threaded themselves into his skin, horns sprouted from his head and two pairs of wings erupted from his back, one pair below and the other on top. The feathery wings on top and dragon like below.

Draco's hair morphed and his eyes changed to unnatural colours, his ears also gained an elf like point, patterns spiralled round his torso gradually, his skin started to faintly sparkle and he sprouted two pairs of wings, and like Harry, Draco had feathery wings on top then his thin fairy wings below.

When they opened their eyes they stared silently before smiling like idiots and bringing each other into a firm but gentle hug. Draco's wings wrapped around their bodies as Harry's did the same thing.

-----------------

1995 August 24th 5:49pm. 

Diagon Alley was still busy but less so than what it would be like in the afternoon. Draco walked alongside Harry in a black and silver robe, Harry with a black and dark green robe. They were both wearing glamours and acting like rich pureblood brothers, walking and observing the shops and people. Harry had been given a potion made by Draco which would get rid of the pain for a few hours so they could go shopping. There was only a few things they were looking for and they would definitely not find it in Diagon Alley. So down a narrow and crackhouse looking alleyway they went.