Chapter Thirteen

"You're...' Sabrina stuttered, looking at the boys and Ariel, some of them smiling, some not. "You're Bangtan?"

"Yes we are." Jin nodded, smiling reassuringly, her siblings still asleep upstairs. She was old enough to know. She knew about her parents, and she knows about Bangtan.

"You saved my parents one time." Sabrina relaxed, her memories coming to her rescue, all fear gone. "Thank you." Hoseok snapped his fingers and hit Jimin lightly.

"That's where I remember her!" Hoseok chuckled. "That's the girl we saved, remember?" Jimin's eyes widened and choked on his water.

"I remember you!" Jimin smiled, Sabrina looking down shyly. "You were a cute kid." She finally raised her hand and looked at everyone with a weird face. "How, did you, get together?" She talked slow, not quite sure what to say in front of the most feared mafia in the world.

"I was sold." Yoongi crossed his arms, his dark past the first to reassure the girl that they trusted her as well. "Parents didn't want me."

"I was with Boar, the bad guys." Namjoon explained a simpler way for Sabrina, hoping all of their dark pasts won't scare her. "And Ariel over there, rescued me. So I help them out." He was tortured and forced to help Boar, for he was pretty popular at a young age for his brains. The put him out in the field one day and Ariel almost killed him.

Almost.

He begged for his life, spilling his whole life story and just wanted to be saved, to be treated like a human.

Ariel has heard of him too. And she wanted his brains. But they grew a bond, they were two humans in a mafia with one goal.

"Ariel and I were best friends when we were your age." Jin eased the dark pasts away. Sort of. "And one day I saw her shoot someone and I was forced into the team, me looking out for her forever now." Sabrina's eyes widened, and so did Jungkook's. He's never heard Jin's story before. Ariel shrugged her shoulders, admitting that she was killing at such a young age.

"So mine isn't so scary." Hoseok smile reassuring, elbowing Jin to the back of the cluster of Bangtan. "Jin and I were friends too when we were teenagers, Jungkook's age. I was a fist fighter and got in trouble a lot. Jin took Ariel to see me fight one day, and I was recruited." Hoseok's smile slowly dimmed. "I fight for my murdered family."

"Not scary, huh?" Jungkook snorted, the dark pasts not really bothering him. And from what everyone else could tell, it didn't both Sabrina either. She must;ve been exposed to this mafia stuff at a young age too. "Sabrina, mine's not scary." She nodded, signalling for him to continue. "I needed a job to help pay for my mom's hospital bills. Ariel found me wandering the streets one night and asked what I was doing." Jungkook glanced over at Ariel and she turned her head, the memory fond for both of them. "She said she needed an assassin. I told her I was 12. She said I have the body of an 18 year-old. I asked who would teach me, and she replied with her name, Swan. I joined, and my mother is well, not a single penny in debt." Jungkook wrapped his arm around Jin, ruffling his hair, acting like the oldest. "I got attached to these guys so I stayed."

"I was kidnapped." Taehyung was the one of the last to speak, talking about his story like it was nothing. "I vandalized this place and they were going to kill me, but I was a kid."

"I should've killed you." Ariel spoke, a small, very small, smile on her face. Jin smacked her head and she almost pulled out her knife, but Sabrina was watching.

"I made her recruit him." Jin explained for the confused child. "He had talent in explosives."

"And fashion." Taehyung whispered, Jin rolling his eyes.

"And fashion."

"I joined a gang because I wanted to rebel against the city." Jimin crossed his arms. "The city kicked my grandma out of the house. She didn't survive long on the streets." Ariel pitied him, that's all. She had to build talent off of him, his muscle and motivation already there. She taught him everything.

"And you, Miss?" Sabrina looked at Ariel, everyone following. Ariel looked up from her gun, a smile on her face.

"I was born into this."

a little background for the boys