Chapter Ten

"Try to look less scary." Jin nudged Ariel, her arms crossed, glaring at the three kids that sat on her couch, eating the dinosaur chicken nuggets Jimin had made for them, drinking the chocolate milk Hoseok had poured for them. Namjoon was busy by the TV, hooking up some games and organizing a cartoon channel and a stream of movies. "They're just kids."

"Yeah." Ariel pushed Jin in the kitchen, her glare on him now. "I can't believe you convinced me to take them back with us."

"They were being threatened." Jin pushed Ariel lightly, not understanding how she needed convincing to help kids, the oldest being ten. The girl, Sabrina, then her younger brother, Mic, and little sister, Ana. "We couldn't just let them on the streets."

"Yeah now I have to put them up for adoption." Ariel huffed, looking over at them after Ana squealed, on Taehyung's shoulders.

"You don't understand, do you?" Jin shook his head, a smile on his face. "Have you never heard of them?"

"No."

"They're the Songs. Their parents were murdered last week. Those are their children, the only heirs to the company." Jin looked over at the three kids, playing with Taehyung and a weary Jungkook, still moving slow and limping with his crutches. "It's amazing they made it that long."

"Some allies of Boar have hearts." Ariel crossed her arms again, looking at the kids as well. "They didn't want to kill kids."

"Would you?"

"No." Ariel glared at Jin, the usual face on. "I kill bad men and women, not kids."

"Ariel!" Ana laughed and looked up at her, tugging on her hand. "Come play!" Taehyung had his fist on his lips, too slow to stop the child from bothering the queen of the mafia. Ariel picked her up at arms length and handed her to Jin, him smiling warmly at the 5 year old. 

"I'm busy Kid." Ariel walked away, going down stairs to practice some boxing, leaving the kids and the rest of the gang sad. She, was the leader. And she's gone.

"Hey guys." Namjoon smirked, holding the remote the the TV. "I got your cartoons on." The three squealed in joy as they all cuddled together under a blanket Jimin had recently gotten out, Taehyung and Hoseok sitting on either side of the three kids.

"Hey we are heading out." Yoongi told Jin, Jungkook with Yoongi. "We are going to get the kids some clothes and toys and such." Yoongi glanced at his watch. 

6:49 pm.

"We'll be back by eight." Yoongi waved goodbye to Namjoon and Jungkook flipped Jin off before closing the door behind him, Jin sighing and shaking his head. 

"Can we have a snack?" Mic requested loudly, looking up at Hoseok. "You, get me a snack." Namjoon and Taehyung burst into laughter as Hoseok sat with his mouth open in shock, a smile in that.

"I'm making popcorn!" Jin called out, coughing his laugh away. "He sounds like a Song."

------

"Awh, are you boys buying for your children?" A store clerk asked, a young woman who obviously had her own kids.

"Yes I'm pregnant." Jungkook panicked and blurted out the words that he could think of. Yoongi scoffed and whacked Jungkook upside the head. She started scanning all of the items, and there were a lot.

"Sorry Ma'am." Yoongi glanced over at Jungkook who rubbed his head. "Teenagers."

"We're buying for a friend." Jungkook finally spoke something intelligent. "She recently adopted three kids. They're adorable."

"I'm the Godfather." Yoongi played alone with this twisted lie, anything to make a good story for this store clerk.

"Well I'm just going to have to get you boys a discount on these clothes." She smiled at the two and pushed a few buttons, the price going down $50." 

"Thank you so much Ma'am!" Jungkook beamed, starting to put the bags in the cart as Yoongi pulled out his credit card, the woman smiling brightly.

"Anything for you gentlemen. You have the kindest souls." 

Yoongi flashed back to when he watched a man burn from Ariel's fire gun. He smiled while watching.

"We are kind, aren't we Jungkook?" Yoongi grinned as he looked over at the youngest. Jungkook stiffled a laugh and nodded. 

"I suppose we are. We are the best of friends for our friend, if that makes sense." Jungkook frowned at how he worded his sentence but carried on. "Good bye, sweet lady!" He waved before walking away on his crutches, Yoongi pushing the cart to their car.