Chapter Four

Jungkook's Point Of View

"Fucking dickhead I swear." I threw another rock I had picked up. "Why can't you just leave me alone?" My step father, the one who wakes me up in the middle of the night so he can tell me some dumb ass joke while he's drunk. God, my mom needs to leave him. My foot hit something, causing me to fall over. But when I saw who it was, I ran towards the house, shouting one man's name. "Namjoon!"

————

"This is bad." I paced as Jin tried his best to patch up Ariel. "This is really bad."

"Jungkook shut the fuck up!" Namjoon hissed at me, pausing his biting of his nails. "You need to calm down!"

"Calm down!" I yelped, my eyes widening. "Ariel, the most badass person in the fucking world was fucking knocked out and completely beat up!"

"Fine don't calm down! But if you're going to keep yelling, get out!"

"She was chained to the fucking ground!" I pulled at my hair, crouching down in shock. "She would never let that happen!" I heard Jin sigh ever so slightly.

"Yes she would, for a certain person. "Jin sat of the floor, scratching his forehead. "Her father."

"The failed mission." Namjoon mumbled, realization hitting him, but clearly not me. "Her father-"

"Yes."

"What does that mean?!" I demanded, my foot bouncing on the ground. "And don't you not tell me because I'm only 16. I can handle it!" Jin glanced at Namjoon and Namjoon shook his head.

"Jungkook, you can't tell anyone else on the team what I'm about to say, understood?" Jin stood up, pulling a blanket over Ariel, covering her bruised body. I nodded, clearing my throat and standing taller, fighting back a yawn.

"Every time there's a failed mission or even a smaller flaw that he finds, there's one person who's responsible for that mistake." Jin paused, letting me figure out who the responsible person was.

"Ariel." I whispered, the pieces slowly falling together. "Jin, don't tell me he beats her-"

"He does." Jin clarified the nightmare of any child. "It doesn't matter how severe the mistake was, but every beating leaves scars. Failed missions are the worse."

"That's why she was so angry at Jimin..." Namjoon trailed off, probably remembering the mission last night. I didn't hear much about what it was or what happened, but Ariel aimed her gun at me when I gave her tampons. I didn't think much about it, cause she's usually pissed off. But now that I think about it...

"I always have to patch her up afterwards." Jin stroked her hair from her face, her fiery red hair. "It's so bad. I can't believe a father could do that to his own daughter."

"Will she be okay?" I mumbled, feeling guilty for roasting her and her pissed off face. I understand now. "Mentally."

"Even I can't answer that." Jin pulled at his lip, walking towards the kitchen. "I've known her for years and I can't read her."

"No one can be okay after that." Namjoon stated, a scared tone hinting at his words. He turned on his heel and made his way upstairs. "Jeon, you have school tomorrow." I sighed and flipped off Namjoon while his back was turned.

"Please be okay Ariel. You're like a sister to me."