Captured - Multiple Times

Hermione (before Voldemort confronted Percy)

It has been a couple weeks since we first got the locket and we still haven't figured out how to destroy the locket. It was taking its toll on our moral, especially Ron's. He's been listening to that radio everyday to make sure he doesn't hear the name of anyone in his family. Ron has been refusing to take off the locket and it is worrying me. He gets frustrated and annoyed a lot easier. He wouldn't listen to my warning about the locket. I think he must be really stressed over worrying for his family and that we haven't figured anything out yet.

Deciding to clear my head I went over to go through some of my books I brought. I flipped through one of them and saw section about the Sword of Gryffindor. That's when it clicked.

"Oh my god." I said realizing a way to destroy the locket.

"What is it?" asked Harry as he walked into the tent.

"The Sword of Gryffindor, it's goblin made. Dirt and rust don't affect the blade, it only takes in what makes it stronger. You destroyed one horcrux already, the diary. You stabbed it with a basilisk fang. Before you did that you stabbed it with the Sword of Gryffindor. The sword is how we will destroy the locket!" I explained excitedly since now we had a way to destroy the locket.

"You're brilliant Hermione!"

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in your will. He knew it would be of use."

"There's one problem, the sword was stolen." came an annoyed Ron who walked into the tent.

"I'm still here you know, but you two can carry on." he continued.

"Alright, what is wrong?" asked Harry.

I could feel something bad was about to happen and I didn't know what to do.

"Nothing, according to you anyway." replied Ron.

"If you have something to say then spit it out." said Harry.

"I'll spit it out then, but don't expect me to be grateful that there's another damn thing that we need to find." retorted Ron.

"I thought you knew what you were getting yourself into." said Harry.

"Yeah, I thought I did too."

"Well I'm sorry. Did you think we would be finding a horcrux every other day, staying in a nice hotel?" asked Harry getting up from where we were sitting and walking over to Ron. I got up as well and walked towards them, but with some distance from the two of them.

"I thought by now we would have actually done something. I thought you knew what you were doing, that Dumbledore told you something useful." said Ron raising his voice.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And we've already found a horcrux incase you forgot." said Harry pointing to the locket around Ron's neck.

"Yeah and we are as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them."

"Ron please take off that locket, you wouldn't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it for so long." I said trying to take the locket off of Ron. He stopped me and shoved me away.

"Do you know why I listen to that radio everyday? To make sure i don't hear anyone's name that I care about." yelled Ron.

"You don't think I'm not listening too? You think I don't know how this feels?" yelled Harry.

"No, no you don't. Your parents are dead, you have no family! You don't know how it feels." yelled Ron.

I watched in horror as Harry ran up to Ron in anger and punched him right across the face. Ron was in complete shock for a second. Then tackled Harry to the floor and they started fighting. How did everything go so wrong so fast?