A Little Skirmish

Harry:

"Care to explain to me what happened during lunch Harry?"

I rubbed my neck nervously and looked the wise man in front of me.

"Well you see..." He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Spit it out my boy."

"Well, Percy walked into the dinning hall with Draco. They sho-"

He waved his hand and nodded his head at me. "This I already know. In case you forgot, I was there. I saw their little exchange. What I want to know is why he stormed out of the dinning hall."

"Ron had asked Percy why he was with Draco and why they smiled and shook hands. His response was asking Ron why he couldn't talk to him. Neville then said how Draco was a Death Eater and he couldn't be trusted. He also questioned Percy whether we could trust him too."

"Ah I see, Mr. Longbottom does seem tense around Mr. Jackson. It must be about Ms. Lovegood I presume?" He said stroking his beard. I would've laughed if he hadn't looked so serious.

"Umm yes... Anyway sir he then asked Hermione to defend him but she didn't comply. Percy then asked her again which she responded uncharacteristically, if I do say so from all the years I have known her. Ron then continued to accuse him and Percy just ignored him but when Hermione snapped, Lavender had told him to leave. And that is what happened." I explained a bit nervously. I didn't want to blame any of my friends, but I had a feeling this was more important then it seemed.

"Thank you Harry. Just do one thing for me, try to get Percy back. He may not seem like it but he is smart and powerful. It would not be wise to have him on Voldemort's side." He said leading me out of his office.

I felt as if he wasn't telling me something. I could tell he was holding back some information.

"Understood professor, but do you know by any chance what he was doing with Draco and why Hermione has been acting differently lately since Percy came?" I asked curiously.

"I do not know what Mr. Jackson was doing with Mr. Malfoy, but as for Hermione's case, that is not my story to tell. You should ask her yourself or even ask Percy." He said with that twinkle in his eyes I have seen many times before at my time at Hogwarts.

"Thanks professor." I walked out the door and heard it close behind me. I walked down the spiral staircase and walked past the gargoyle statue.

Should I find Percy and apologize to him it go talk to Hermione first? What would I say to either of them? I don't exactly know what is going on.

I spotted Percy, Hermione, and Ginny waking down a hallway. Well they're both here now, I guess now would be a good time.

"Percy!" I called, jogging up behind them.

"What do you want?" He asked, annoyed, with a slight glare.

I gulped from his look, though I had a feeling he's looked at people more fiercely before.

"Well are you going to tell me something or just stand there and waste my time?" He asked me, tapping his foot impatiently.

I could tell he was getting more annoyed. I took a quick glance at Hermione to see her looking at me expectantly. I looked at Ginny to see her just looking at me curiously.

"I uh, um well, uh wanted to say sorry Percy..."

"For what?" he raised an eyebrow.

"For accusing you for being a Death Eater even though you don't seem like one. I shouldn't have assumed." I hung my head in shame.