The Betrayal

Percy

Two and a half months later

I was currently standing atop the Astronomy Tower with Dumbledore waiting for Harry to get here.

"Percy, no matter what I need you to stick with what we arranged." Dumbledore said very seriously.

Although I didn't want to, I knew what I had to do. "Don't worry....and I'm sorry..."

"Don't worry about me child, it's for the best."

We spent the next five minutes in silence pondering our thoughts until we heard the footsteps of Harry. He had a sword in it's sheathe by his waist. I told Dumbledore to tell him to bring it just in case. I will admit he did look kind of weird with it.

"Professor Dumbledore, I didn't know Harry was coming with us." he said looking at me.

"Yes, I thought we could use another capable wizard that I trust." he said.

"Well let's get to it then. The sooner we get the horcrux the closer we get to killing Voldemort." I said.

"Indeed. Now I need the both of you to listen to me, if I tell you to run you have to promise me you will run. I can't have you two dying." said a very serious Dumbledore.

I looked him in the eyes and nodded while Harry said "Yes professor."

"Then the both of you grab each of my arms." ordered Dumbledore.

We did as we were told and grabbed onto him. We apparated to a cave on the side of a cliff with the ocean in front of us.

"This is the location of where he hid Salazar Slytherin's locket. " informed Dumbledore.

We walked into the dark cave silently. We all cast a lumos charm from our wands so we could see where we were going. We stopped in front of a large body of water with a tiny island of crystals.

"There." said Dumbledore pointing to the island.

"How do we get there?" asked Harry.

"Professor should I?" I asked.

Letting out a sigh, "I guess now is the time."

"Do what?" questioned Harry.

"This." I said stepping forward and caused the water to freeze, making a path to the island.

"That's strange...the water was acting as if it was resisting my powers. That's never happened before." I said.

"That is troubling then. There isn't something in the water then controlling it. It must be enchanted. We must be very careful." said Dumbledore.

"How did you do that without even using your wand?" asked an astounded Harry.

"I'll explain when we get back. Now isn't the time, all you need to know right now is that I'm a demigod." I responded.

Leaving Harry with that thought, I started to walk across the ice path with Dumbledore following. The three of us got across without any problems. We walked the middle of the island where one piece was standing up. Inside the top was some sort of liquid.

Dumbledore waved his hand over it, "Hmm Potion of Despair. One of us needs to drink it to so we can retrieve the locket. I will drink it. This potion may paralyze me, I may forget why I'm here. It'll cause me so much pain that I will beg for relief. You two are not to indulge in these requests. It is your job Harry to make sure I keep drinking this potion even if you have to force it down my throat. Understood?"

"Why can't I drink it sir?" asked Harry.

"Or me?" I asked.

"Because I am much older, much tougher, and much less valuable." he responded.