Epilogue

Kevin held Double D's hand with a firm grip. Double D held onto his with the same force. The taller of the two looked down at his feet facing a bright red. It's been a month since they started dating and it was getting tough to hide it from his father. Especially since the raven haired boy looked at their house as well as did most of the cleaning.Though in return Kevin does vacuum and clean the dishes. Double D did have a strange obsession with cleaning, while Kevin had an obsession working out and carrying his boyfriend everywhere.

Today though instead of carrying Edd and kissing him with an endless supply of affection. Since today was the day they decided to tell Kevin's father about their relationship. "Remember we'll first tell dad, and then we gotta tell that uncle his b$*ch of his-"

"KEVIN!" Double D scolded. After Kevin had found out how neglectful his uncle and his aunt had become he lost a fuse. "They care... just in their own way. They are still paying for a roof and Uncle always is nice and we... talk sometimes." Double D finished knowing continuing his words would anger Kevin even more. "Honestly, the only good thing about them is that they shelter you but even then you do more than enough for your share." Kevin growled.

"Enough!" Double D scolded once more. He decided to dress up a bit, though his father sees him everyday. He wore his fancier button down with dress pants and dress shoes to match. He also was going to make a bigger dinner than usual in hope he'd like it. Kevin on the other hand was still a bit sweaty from football practice but dressed in black jeans and a button down. Double D pulled his lover's hand which clutched his to his lips giving Kevin a kiss on his knuckles. "Your father is a kind man. A quiet and reserved one but I've seen him with his walls down and he only wants the best for you." Double started the blush creeping up his face up to his ears.

"Mr. Smith nor my uncle or the whole world can never be reason enough for me to stop helping you in any possible way I can. Until the day you say I can no longer help, I shall stand by your side." Double D declared looking Kevin straight in the eye to show him how serious he was. Gripping tighter on the larger teen's hand Edd tugged Kevin along with a confidence he was slowly but surely meaning. After Kevin's fight with Pierre, Kevin, Natt and the Eds made it clear to Pierre and his followers they wouldn't go unpunished. When Nazz found out about their relationship she was ecstatic, fully supporting her best friend's love interest. She was the one to torture Pierre's partner in crime aka his girlfriend at cheerleading practice with a killer workout routine.

Edd helped the door knob clutching it's cool metal with his sweaty palm. A simple turn and he'd tell Mr. Smith everything. They both knew he'd be in his office at the moment and would call anyway if they didn't get into the house he'd always be stuck.

Edd glanced back at Kevin, before he was silent and had suffered almost a decade of silent suffering, Biting the nightmares so his uncle could get a peace of mind. After seeing his uncle break down all those years is what pushed him to be 'quiet'. The fact that he believed he was bad luck was what pushed him into a corner suffering all alone. Trying not to break down, to pretend he had everything together. Kevin had opened so many doors for him, he felt like he could walk for once without a world weighing down on his shoulders. No one gave him dirty looks anymore, he felt like he was more than just an extra who couldn't breathe. He felt needed, he felt loved. He honestly had never fallen in love before, he never even thought much about it so when he had fallen for Kevin he read anything he could especially after their first date. One thing that kept recurring to make their relationship official, and to show Kevin he loved him he told his friends and soon it will be his family.

Edd sucked in a breath and opened the door.

Kevin POV

Edd firmly gripped my hand as I was tugged up the stairs to see my father. Dad is my only family and it would be too hard of a blow if his father resented him for his sexuality, but I knew, deep down in his heart that he couldn't survive without me, and now Double D. Double D the angel who picked the pieces of his heart. Though Edd could not heal it, he put the pieces together and glued them with something. Double D was a pillar he could lean on when he was crumbling. I don't know where the world will take me but if I'm following Double D, I think it'll be just fine.