We Work Well Enough(The END)

Double D POV

I finally finished cleaning Kevin's cuts and bruises. He had not gotten hurt during his battle with Pierre, I had wanted him to rest a bit before walking. I luckily had some Advil to give him. Ed was now next to me as we talked about the cookies and the color frosting I should create. Ed even went out of his way to show me pictures on his phone.

His sister Sarah had many pictures of meals on her social media and as her childhood friend, I follow her and sometimes look at what she posts though it can be quite confusing, why she would post such things. I smiled and realized we should be heading home soon. I hope Pierre is alright, he had taken quite the beating. His friends must've taken him home but I still felt guilt gnawing at my lower stomach. I took a deep breath, I must focus on Kevin. He had fallen asleep but it was beginning to become dark and we needed to go home. "Ed go get some drinks. Kevin needs fluids. You may get any snack for us and then wait by my car, I will take you home and make cookies for you as a thank you." Ed nodded excitedly as he skipped off to his locker.

Luckily the nurse had given me a key to her room after I helped her for a school essay. She let me have it as long as I helped her with some of the football injuries. I breathed a sigh of relief, I was quite shocked how well my friends had taken my 'coming out'. I had explained to them via call that I had only felt attraction to Kevin and no one else before. They truly cared for me and made sure he was treating me right. I deeply appreciated them for it.

I gently rested my hand on Kevin's bigger one. I chuckle softly, I guess he is my aging Knight and armor. "I think I need a kiss to wake up. Save meeeeee" I jumped a bit startled they he had given a response. "K-Kevin! Are you alright?! Where else do you feel p-'' I was cut off by a sudden tug from my free hand. I fell onto Kevin's lap with a squeak.

He pressed his warm lips against mine pulling me closer to him. I instantly kissed back, gently brushing his lips. I pulled back first looking at his big smile. "I've awoken my prince." He said humorously. I giggled, placing a small kiss on his forehead, "anything for my knight. Now let's head home, I'll cook something great."

I hid my blush as I pulled Kevin off the bed so we could go home. I'll tidy up later Kevin needs my attention more anyways. A big dopey smile soon thinned a bit as I saw the dark sky. It's dark and the car-.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head. I must help Kevin, no need to sour the mood with my bad luck.

Kevin POV

I felt my sleepiness fly away as soon as Double D was dragging me to the car. I want to make out with him already. Honestly, Double D's friends are such a c%#kblock. Whatever, as long as Double D is happy. I felt his hand grip tighter though. He's probably just worried about me, I see that Ed's by the car Ed drove this morning. I wonder if he got it from working his ass off so much. His hat is cute, in a quirky kinda way. I think the hat off looks better, his thick raven hair. It's so soft, he probably does this huge hair routine with it and some organic things. His skin is soft too. I want to hold him, and maybe cuddle, he's so perfect. Maybe kiss some more.

We made it to the car, I sat in the back with Double D. I snuck my arm around his shoulders so he could lean his forehead on me. Ed was buckling himself in, and started the car. I felt Double D stiffen but it probably was because of him forgetting to clean up the room. As Ed pulled out of the parking lot and came to the road was when I saw something was wrong. Double D was choking. He was breathing g irrationally as if there wasn't enough air and his eyes were wide with fear as if something was going to jump out and eat him.

Ed in the front and me looked at Double D in concern and horror as we saw him clutching his hat, knuckles white. "Double D?! What's the matter! Double D not breathing!" Ed yelled. That's when It hit me, the accident. "Double D you need to breathe. Double D, doll you need to breathe." I opened the car door and pulled Double D out. As soon as I did he pushed me aside and threw up. I rubbed his back and let him, Ed watched with a pained expression before running off somewhere. I was too preoccupied with my boyfriend to care. "Double D, breath come on baby, breathe. You're in my arms, it's okay. " Double D started to calm down breathing, evening out. Tears falling down his cheeks. I pulled him into my chest feeling his hot tears on my shirt. I just pulled him closer.