Memories

Kevin POV

I woke up to the smell of something delicious. I don;t know what but it smelled great. My stomach gurgled as I don;t think I've eaten all day again. Looking around I see that, I'm home? It looks like my room but it's clean? There are no dirty piles of laundry on the floor. THe trash has been taken out. It smells like lavender. What the heck happened to my room? The only reason I knew it could be mine is with the green painted walls, the posters that had to be mine and picture of my family stuck to the wall with superglue.

Getting up my back pops with a loud crack and I still felt a little dizzy. A cool rag fell off my forehead. Walking down the hall I see that someone cleaned up the place so it was spotless. It was as if the house was brand new, how could that be though. As I followed the smell, that's when I see him, Edd.

Double D in my house. Wearing my mom's apron with frills on the ends, cooking on the stove. It looked like... soup? Who cares it smells amazing! But, how did Double D get here? Why is he here? Did he clean up this dump? Why is he being so nice? It's not like he's been that nice to him, nor has he even talked to him for years. "Double D?" I whisper, still unsure if he's actually there. Dang, my throat hurts.

Double D turns around clearly a bit surprised, his big blue eyes are wide open. "K-Kevin? You should be resting in bed, go back to your room. I am making something for you to eat. I f you cannot fall asleep, you may take a shower in the downstairs bathroom. I haven;t cleaned the upstairs one, nor can I hear you if you faint." I'm a bit taken aback by his answer. It was strangely... comforting.

I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep now so I might as well take a shower. I bet he's cleaned it but it's strange to me. He kinda reminds me of... mom. Walking into the strangely clean bathroom, I strip down and hop in the shower. Memories flood my head.

Me, mom and dad were sleeping together on a camping trip. I was 10, and super excited along with my dad while mom was freaked at every little thing. From the bugs too the ground too the shadows, though she stayed because me and my dad really wanted her to go on my first camping trip. She had red hair like mine, but i had dark green eyes like my dad. Nor did I have freckles and she was tall yet so beautiful, one of the most beautiful women ever. My mom told me no one ever called her beautiful other than dad and some of her friends. She says it was because she was too tall, pale and fat. But never me and my dad, she's smart, cooks well and easy to talk too. My dad sometimes carries her. Though after I turned 14 he was having a harder time due to age. But her face was priceless. The smile the blush. I told her I wanted to do that to my partner. When me and my dad fought she'd listen too both of us and could calm us down. She could make us smile even on the darkest of days. She would give up anything for us.

But, she's dead. The woman who raised him, and the only woman me and my dad willingly put are walls down for. When my dad got laid off his job she worked extra night shifts and still cooked dinner while my dad job hunted. When I broke my leg, I never cried in front of my friends only too my mom when it was just us. She could only tell if I was sad my fake smile never worked on her. And just like that her flame went out. I saw her die in a bed, she smiled while dying. She was so thin and weak, and me and my dad tried talking we did too each other but it just made us sadder. We thought mom might have made it through her illness but she said it was just her time. I never told my friends about it. She wanted me to live a normal life so she told me too live my life normally, she even had my dad record my football games. I told her all the good things.

The day she died, she was smiling at me. She was in so much pain yet she was smiling. So me and my dad smiled back as we exchange our last words. I remember here's to me. "Son, my beautiful baby. Go grow to be the man we hope you to be. Find love, no matter whom it be fat, thun, depressed, ugly, man, woman, trans, just promise too treasure them as your father treasured me." So that day I decided I would be the all star american son getting great grades, being the quarterback of the school and being mister popular. I always smiled just like I was normal Kevin. I just hid it from the world because the perfect boy should never cry. But, but it really sucks.

I leaned against the tiled wall. My chest busted out in pain, as well as my head. I knew I wanted to cry but I had to stay strong, like the man mom wanted me to be. Why? Why did she have to go? Why am I so weak? I couldn't save my mother, and I should have spent all my time with my mom not school. I should've spent less time with my friends and stop ignoring the fact she was dying. The water was cold on my skin, it's so quiet. Last week, we lost the football game and the others were on my back for a while. Later that week, the girl I had been dating for like 2 months dumped me, not that it matters, I'm also a playboy. Every month is a new girl and I;d never let her in my home but I would go to hers. It kept my image straight. Though I knew if I found.. the one, I'd have to stop. Though I don't think I'll find them. Nobody probably would care. The only guy I even might think of too ask for help is my best friend Nahan. He has teal hair, tall, on the football team with me and wears a gold earrings on his left ear.

My wingman and party helper. Especially if I drink too much, in return I listen to his issues and help him if he smokes too much pot. Yeah you can call us partners in crime but we've only been friends for about 2 years so I don;t think we've completely revealed our true colors. Though he did know my mom was sick, probably still does. Think of friends, Nazz is Nazz. She was my girlfriend for all of middle school before I became more of a playboy. She moved to Illinois and broke up with me over the phone as she couldn't do a distance relationship. That was around the time my mom was dying and I became this hollow shell.

"K-Kevin?" Oh shit.

Double D POV

"Kevin are you alright? You've been in the shower for over thirty minutes." Dinner was ready, it would be best for him to eat it hot. Unless he passed out from the hot steam of the shower. It was only a slight fever along with tons of stress and fatigue. He's still not answering. I didn't even want to come into the bathroom but I called outside the door for over 10 minutes.

Stepping carefully through the steam I walk to the shower curtain where I saw a silhouette of Kevin on the floor. My eyes widen, "Kevin, I'm coming in in the next 10 seconds if you don't give me an answer. 10... 9... 8. I really don't want to open the curtain, Kevin was undressed nor does he seem to be in a right state of mind but, if he needs help it's too late to back out now. I heard the shower water turn off. I breathe a sigh a relief as I run out.

I've noticed many things since coming into the household. A light way too put it was, it was a disaster. I even found an ant army walking on a pizza on the floor of Kevin's room thus, I spent the whole day cleaning. Which I dodn;t mind. The nurse had given me an excused early leave, when Kevin's father wasn't able to pick him up but, apparently he knew me as I had come over once or twice at a much younger age. So with help from the school nurse I shoved Kevin in my car then drove him home. After I saw its state I had to clean it up. There was no possible way I was going to leave it that way. Honestly it's a miracle there were no roaches. So I spent a good 4 hours cleaning most of the rooms, and I;lll finish later.

I set up the table. I might not know the full story but no one deserves to live in such filth in close proximity to my house. Not if I can do anything about it.

I'll talk too Kevin about it later, as I set the table for us two.