Preparing

Double D POV

I felt myself stiffen in his grip. H-he wasn't joking. He loves me? He has so many options! Why would he waste my time on me. I'm fine being in the sidelines. I;m fine being second or even third best. That's all I'm supposed to be the shadow. My heart rate had dramatically increased. My face started to burn up. But, he likes me. Out of everyone he chose me, instead of crashing my spirits it lifted them. Kevin's arms are strong, warm and just feel secure. As if he was a cocoon and I was a caterpillar metaphorizing into a butterfly. Kevin a popular kid, the quarterback of the football team, who is a master partier is talking to me. He loves me.

"Double D?" I look up into Kevin's sharp green eyes. He's looking at me. He's actually looking at me as if I'm the only thing on this planet that matters to him. I am the only president to ever unginite s spark within in sakii. At a loss for words, I managed to successfully mutter nonsense. Kevin huffed a smile drawing out on his face, as he took a hand to support my chin. His body is flush with mine. I can feel his muscular body again, I can feel his steady breathing and his erratic heartbeat. Was he just as nervous as me? Or was that just my heartbeat? What am I supposed to say or do? Can we happen? Am I allowed to fall for him?

His face came close to mine. So close I could feel his warm breath on my nose. His features were more prominent than ever. High cheekbones, defined chin, perfect nose, his bold eyes, I could go on forever. His big rough hands guided me to his lips. His chapped lips electrocuted my body. The tension I held onto throughout my body melted away. Our bodies melted together as Kevin somehow stopped time. We pressed our bodies closer to each other his hands moved across my body in fluid motions.

With what felt like an eternity of bliss we broke apart. My once heated body longed for his warmth again. My shaky hand reached up to my lips. Kevin smiled happily, his hands laid on my waist. His skin slightly less than than usually electrocuted my with each touch. His sharp eyes warm and lust filled. "I'll take that as a yes. Pick you up after your done." His voice pitched deeper than usually sent shivers down my spine. He gave me a quick peck on my forehead and ruffling my hair. He turned and left through the front door the smile never dropping from his face.

He kissed me. He likes me. I'm going on a date?! What do I wear? I need to call Eddy! Maybe I should ask May and Marie? My thoughts came to an end as I heard my phone alarm meaning I have to stop boiling the chicken and start baking it after I add the spices. A new sense of urgency took me over as I turned off the stove.

Kevin POv

I practically ran home. Way to go asking out the guy you like and never even really verifying that he actually wants to go out. Gee me and my big mouth. Well no take backs now. Oh god, what do I even wear? What do I do! Where can I take him? Geez maybe I should've said something better before I just want to kiss him silly. Damn. I can't believe I kissed him! And he didn't pull away, in matter of fact he leaned in! Maybe there is hope for me after all. I ran to the still open backdoor and rushed to my room completely ignoring my dad who was in his study. I take out my phone to call Nat and Nazz. I texted them a couple of times this weekend saying I was okay but I didn't tell them my realization with Double D.

This is going to be a hell of a long explanation.

"Hey looked the walking dead decided to call us."he had face times so I saw his messy turquoise hair.

"Hey Kevin how are you feeling? Will you be back soon? the football team is slacking off without you there." And there was Nazz my ex-girlfriend yet a close friend especially since she's dating Nat.

"Okay so don't ask too many questions but, I'm going on a date with someone and it's kinda last minute and I got like two or three hours too prepare. So tell me what I should wear and where I should go." I quickly stated.