Troubles

KevPov

Me and dad stared at Edd in complete shock, while he seemed unfazed, taking another bite of his cake. I felt as if I was hit by a truck and then an airplane. Edd didn't have a mom or dad. He knew how it feels to lose a parent though I would have never thought he could have lost so much. When? Why? How? He always smiles so much how could he be so well put? Does anyone else knows?

"Seriously?! When the hell did this happen? You lost both? Shit, I even bullied you too!" The words just tumbled out without me thinking really what I was saying. Dad slapped the back of my head to shut me up, before I did anymore damage.

Edd stares a small smile on his face. He looked so... small. Like he wanted to be invisible because that's how he always is. Hidden and quiet. A listener. Though he still speaks clearly and calmly mustering a smile and cheer.

"It was ten years ago to be exact. My parents died on a business trip, trying to come back home to me. After they died, my uncle took me in. He was so generous to give me a home and provide food and he went through a lot because he was finishing medical school so I had a bit more responsibility also. Thus I learned how to do house chores, and my expansive vocabulary helping him. Though I think you can relate..." Edd looked me dead in the eye, with lifeless blue eyes. "Since I know Mrs. Smith has also left this world too."

Me and my dad have our jaws dropped, eyes like saucers. Double D looked away pulling his hat down a bit. "I'm sorry for speaking too much I seemed to have overstepped my boundaries.Kevin, if you're done eating take your medicine and go to bed. Take a tablespoon of the syrup with 8 oz of fluids, do the same tomorrow morning though it will because some drowsiness but, as long as you eat the effects shouldn't be that harsh. You are not allowed to partake in educational or physical activities tomorrow, but I'll swing by tomorrow since I will be cooking dinner at your house from now on, as well as clean."

Double D picked up his plate and placed it in the dishwasher quickly washing his hands with his own hands with a bar of soap that I think he brought over. Leaving me and my dad speechless at the table. With a small goodbye he left us both there.

As soon as he left me and my dad threw our plates in the sink and go our separate ways. Dad goes to the liquor cabinet while I walk up the stairs feeling sleepy anyway. My head was pounding and I felt really cold all of a sudden.

Questions swamped my brain. Why was Double D so nice to me? Why does he care so much? Will he tell the whole school. Slowly but surely I dragged myself to my bed. Double D really got to work, he even put tissues next to my bed as the angel he is. He's almost... like mom. I feel my eyelids get heavy as I drift off to sleep.

The next day (edd pov)

I walk out to my driveway after I prepared some hot porridge for Kevin. I usually see Mr. Smith car in the driveway before I go to school so I prepared some for him too. I wonder if Kevin took his medicine, I still have Kevin's key to the house so I can get in. I silently left the pot on the kitchen counter with a sticky note on it saying, 'Make sure to take some and heat the pot on the stove for 5 minutes before eating!!' Rushing quietly I walk to my car and drive off to school.

The drive was quick, and I prepare myself for class. I was excited since we are going to be reading Macbeth in English. I've already read it once but, Shakespeare was always interesting to me. English was one of my weaker subjects but, it was also one of the most interesting. The heart and creativity one just cannot find in science though I have to be honest by saying that I prefer science. Walking into school I smiled, excited for a day of education.

Bang!

I suddenly felt a pain spread across my back as I was shoved back into the schools teal lockers. In my face was Pierre, he was not only athletic but also smart. He was in most of my classes though he also juggled sports and a social life which is very admirable and respectable. Yet as everyone likes him no one likes me. I am not exactly what one would call sociable or handsome. I'm just the creep in the back of the classroom who only mumbled an answer or two yet, I am smarter than anyone else in the classroom. Pierre has made it a too-do on his lost too bully m at least twice a week, hurting me in some way shape or form with no one other bystanders knowing as he can tear down anyone social standing in a minute.

"Hey Edd~, I think we should have some fun. Looks like you went home early yesterday. Was the good little boy trying to be bad. HAHAHAHA! You're such a big freak none of us knew you were gone until someone said where's the ghost? Man, you are 16 years too late to be normal now, so I suggest you stay in your place." Without hesitation, Pierre pushes me back into the lockers then pours a bottle red paint on me. Cackling at me, along with his friends and some bystanders. What did I ever do to deserve this?

"Get outta my face ghost. At least we can finally see where you are."

That was my cue to run before more people join in. I gave up fighting a while ago, it only leads to someone trying to break my bones and face. At least he didn't alight my backpack on fire again, it took me 3 all nighter to replace everything like nothing ever happened. And stealing makeup from my aunt to cover bruises isn't always easy if they are home.

Running into the bathroom I'm breathing hard, as I turned on the water and splashed my face with the water trying to get rid of the paint. It;s even on my head. Great I need to wash it but i'll have to wait til, ugh, I heard the bell rung quickly wiping off as much red paint as I could before running off to calculus.

Kevin POV'

I woke up feeling like shit. My head was pounding, my body felt like it was stuck. Slowly I get up onto my shaky legs. Damn... maybe I should have taken the medicine. I stumble to the bathroom, I need to take a piss. The bathroom is only 3 rooms away, but it could have been miles. Sweat oozed off my body, and I felt like I was going to throw up.

I just have to get to the bathroom, I smell the strong stench of booze from my dad's bedroom. He'll make it to work, it's not that strong yet. After the 2nd month I can distinguish the smell of how much my father drank. Even if I'm sick, though he's not getting up till 9 AM. I hate life, but it's not going to beat me or my over inflated ego. My dad has that to, it's why we ignore our problems. When we did have problems mom would always notice, that's why we love her.

My father took up drinking after mom died, it was hard... He drank his sorrows though it made him break after enough anyway. Not that I didn't do it myself, I've taken a few chugs not that my dad cared. At parties it's easier to drink away the pain not to mention girlfriends help a lot too. It was a great distraction yet, the pain just never went away. My chest always aches, I want to cry, but I have to smile. Because... because I know once I start acting sad everyone will leave. My mom left us happy because we were happy. When I tried to get my family to listen to my mourning they looked like they cared but they just wanted to go home. Even my mom's parents didn't seemed phased. Just me and my dad. They left because I was annoying them with my feelings. Dad doesn't speak to me anymore because he can;t bare my feelings let alone his own. I just want to be a kid again. Tell my mom all my secrets. Have someone who cares.

I made it to the bathroom door as I wiped my nose. I can't breathe. My legs gave out as did my brain as my world blacked out. And last thing I thought was, about... Edd.