Chapter 6: Unexpected

Start from the beginning

He walked in after a few minutes, I started to shiver feeling cold, and he looked at me and then told me to come near the fireplace as he turned it on. I obliged even though being here felt wrong. He had a bottle of medicine in his hand.

"Lie on your back," He ordered, I was very shocked so I just stared at him.

"Well, do you want that bruise to hurt like hell tomorrow?" He asked.

"Maybe, I could just put it on myself?" I suggested but he didn't budge, I felt a bit awkward to say the least but I lay down, he pulled my top up slightly, this surprised me because I expected him to be a perv like usual. He gently applied the liquid to my stomach, as gentle as possible, flinching when I flinched. I stole a glance at my stomach to see a huge bruise forming. That was going to heal painfully slow.

"I think you need to go and see a doctor," he said more to himself than me.

"No," I practically screamed at him.

He smirked, "You’re scared of the doctors." He had now stopped applying the medicine so I got up and pulled my top down again.

"It’s not funny," I replied scowling. He laughed even more at this, I loved his laugh it was perfect...wait no, and I don't like him.

"Thanks," I said as I began to get up and go.

"Wait, where are you going?" He seemed surprised, and I had no idea why.

"To my house," I replied like it was obvious.

"Fine, then I'm coming with you," he said.

"No, I will be fine," I replied.

"Seriously, what is Serena gonna do if you talk to me, you can hang out with whoever you want, and plus there gonna be waiting for you," he replied

Dammit, now I was scared, and I knew that Leo could tell.

"Just sleep here for the night, okay? I promise you can leave in the morning, before Serena even wakes up."

"Um...thanks...but why are you being so nice to me?" I asked

"Because, you just got beat up by a group of gang members, and anyway I can be nice when I want to be." He replied

He went out of the room and came back with 2 blanket and pillows. He made me go on the sofa and lie down before he put the blanket on top of me. That was so sweet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to go to sleep that night, but I just couldn't everything that happened came rushing back to me. I was also scared that my vivid nightmares would come back. You see, three years ago after I was going through some bad things, I started to get these vivid nightmares, they had stopped and I was grateful for that, I would wake up in cold sweat.

I got up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I winced in pain as I stood up. I grabbed a glass and jumped 10 feet in the air when I heard Leos voice, “Couldn't sleep either?" He asked.

"Nope, just getting a glass of water," I replied showing him the glass. I drank some water feeling his gaze on me, making me uncomfortable. I turned around to find Leo staring at me.

"I think I should try to get some sleep," I said slowly walking past him, but he followed me.

"Let’s talk," He said simply.

"Huh," I replied intelligently.

"Both of us can't sleep so let’s get to know each other," He replied

I really didn't want to talk to him, but I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep that night anyway, so I agreed. We started with 20 questions. I told him about my nightmares, and my favourite food and colours and how I wanted to have an outdoor wedding, I told him that I love photography and that I love fashion.

He told me about his favourite food, and where he comes from, why he left and when he got into skateboarding.

We were laughing and talking so much, that I didn't even notice the time. It was now early in the morning and the sun was rising.

I only noticed the time when Caleb...Leo's friend walked in and stopped dead in his tracks, he obviously lived here with Leo and had just come back from a one night stand. He said sorry and started to leave slowly walking backwards, but I was now tired and had noticed that Serena would be up shortly so I decided this would be the perfect time to leave.

"No, it’s okay, I better get going...thank you again Leo," I smiled at him and then walked off.

I think I knew the way home, and as I was walking I couldn't help but feel like I was starting to fall for him.