Chapter 25: Blend

Start from the beginning

"Mah mah, don't gotta get all feisty with me," She groaned, sliding off of his back. "So whatcha doing out here so early? You hate getting up this early." She noted.

"Ah yes, I have a mission. What about you?" Anko grinned. 

"Me too! Maybe we're on the same mission!" Naruto groaned audibly, earning himself a swift punch courtesy of Anko. "You ass! You love going on missions with me!" Naruto felt his eyes roll. 

"Not really, you always need saving," Anko growled at him.

"Are you calling me weak?"

"No, but I am calling you dumb." Another punch.

"That's no way to woo a woman you know!" She said as she crossed her arms under her busts, lifting them up slightly. Naruto didn't even spare them a glance. 

"Good thing I'm not talking to a woman then, huh?" Anko glared murderously at him as to which he took a couple of steps away from her, holding his free arm in the air, surrendering. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," He laughed as he watched her pout. 

"Besides, the chances of you and I being on a mission together are quite low, my mission is a mission for the four sensei." Anko rose a single eyebrow. 

"Oh, so you're gonna try and work the moves with Nai-chan huh? I've heard you've gotten some competition from Asuma, she's been all blushy blushy with him from what I've heard." Naruto laughed a little.

"Oh well, good on them." Anko frowned, wanting to hear a jealous or even an angry reaction out of him, but she got a content smile. 

"Oh? You're fine with that? Okie," They walked in silence till they reached the Hokage Office where they just walked in. 

"Reporting for duty, Hokage-sama." Naruto and Anko said in unison. Hiruzen looked at them both with an appraising look. 

"Ah good," Naruto saw Kurenai sitting on a chair. He sent her a smile and a nod which she returned as she stood up.

"Where are Guy and Asuma?" She asked the Hokage politely. "It isn't like them to be late." Naruto agreed with her.

"Well, Guy and Asuma have seemingly caught a virus from eating at the Akimichi Barbeque with their students, but luckily their students are unaffected, it seemed to only affect the adults. A different kind of food poisoning would be my guess." 

"So now they're unable to join our little crusade?" Naruto joked with a little laugh. "How unfortunate, does that mean I get to go back to sleep?" Hiruzen laughed. 

"Of course not! You have a replacement with you at this very second!" Naruto looked over at Anko, meeting her eyes as she held a cheeky grin. 

"You knew this didn't you?" He asked plainly.

"Of course I did, why do ya think I didn't tell you?" Naruto didn't respond he just looked back at Hiruzen. 

"Who's our other replacement?" 

"Well, I was going to get Kakashi to go with you, but he refused, so sadly, you only have three members." Naruto's eyes widened.

"What's wrong, Naruto? Why are you red? Don't tell me you went to that Barbeque too?" Anko asked a tad bit too innocently. 

"Nope, just slightly saddened that Kaka-nii won't be joining us, but that's fine. Old man," He began, his original tan face returning to its normal color. "What's our mission?" 

"It's quite simple really," Hiruzen began as he looked at a piece of paper on his desk. "You three are to go investigate the border between Rice Country and Fire Country, we have reports of some skirmishes going on there, including multiple kidnappings, as well as people reporting hearing almost inhumane screaming. Your mission is to go investigate and see what's going on, you have any authorization you need, just go see what's going on."