Chapter 1: A typical day for a normal beginning

Airi Suzuki slumped down onto her desk, throwing her bag onto her chair. She gave a sigh and looked around the class, seeing no one who she knew yet; she opened her bag and placed her books onto her desk. She played around with her pen until one of her closet friends, Maimi Yajima walked into the class "Maimi!" Airi exclaimed when she saw her, Maimi then walked towards her.

"Hey Airi, how's it going?" she asked

"Decent, I do have loads of homework to do, I have hardly any money for lunch, but hopefully its all fine,  maybe" She said quickly, continuing to fiddle with her pen.  

"well good luck with it, I can help you with the homework and I may have some spare money to lend  you" Maimi replied, before searching in her bag. Maimi was a person that was always there for Airi,  and always helped her.

"Nooo!" Airi said smiling "its fine!"

"if you say so" Maimi said as she walked to her seat, but as she did she heard Airi whisper.

"Actually, could I borrow your notes after class" As Maimi sat down, three other girls ran into the class.

"sorry we're late!" one of them said.

"Eh, Nacky, we aren't late!" another one exclaimed.

"well, we wouldn't of been if you didn't think it would be a good idea that we drop by the arcade!" the third said.

"Mai! I said we are not late, the teacher isn't even here yet!" the other one replied.

"Oh I thought we were for a second" Mai Hagiwara said taking a deep breath.

"Yea, especially since we were late yesterday" Saki Nakajima said quietly, looking at the third girl with a stare.

"Huh? it wasn't my fault, my alarm didn't go off!" Okai Chisato said, defending herself. Airi and Maimi chuckled as the three of them sat at their seats. the teacher then walked in at that moment. Chisato could slightly hear Mai say

"we were almost late" though she didn't know who it was directed to, but probably her she thought, so she just looked back and smiled at her, but Mai was instead talking to Maimi, who was in the seat next to her, so chisato quickly turned foward, her face slightly turning red in embarrassment.

"Good morning class." the teacher said "sorry I was late today"

After class Maimi told Airi that she was going to the library, Mai quickly followed "Maimi-senpai! Let me go with you!" Maimi smiled and nodded as Mai quickly followed. Mai was attached to Maimi; everyone knew that, if she wasn't with Chisato or Saki (or the three trouble makers, as they were mostly known as) then it had to be her.

"Mai! You want to hang out during lunch!" Chisato called, but Mai was already out of range.

"Just talk to her later" Airi said, who was standing near her "anyway, you wanna go do something ,maybe some homework, or lets meet up with someone, how about we go to a vending machine, I wanna see your trick where where you get free drinks from the vending machine! We can wait for Nacky, she is just talking to the teacher" Airi suggested quickly. Chisato was staring at the floor, not paying much attention so all she heard was "vending machine"

"Yea! I'll show you that trick!" she then replied, looking up. Saki then slowly walked out of the classroom.

"apparently I need extra support" she said sighing "I got too low a score in the last test" Saki never was one for studying, she was more of a practical person.

"Don't worry about it" Airi said patting her on the back.

"Yea!" Chisato said "at least you can't get worse!"

Maimi was looking through a book in the library as Mai looked around "I just can't find the right history book" Maimi said, taking a breath and closing the one she was reading, Mai then placed a large stack of books next to her and smiled.

"I think it may be one of these?" she said, sitting down.

"Maybe, oh well, someon probably already took it out if not" she replied, sounding defeated. "but thanks for helping me." she then smiled.

"No problem Maimi-senpai!" Mai said smiling once again. They then looked through the books until they heard a voice say

"Hi!" they looked up and saw it was Chinami Tokunaga, one of Maimi's friends, she sat opposite them and asked "what you two doing?"

"Just looking for a certain book for class" Maimi replied, mai then said

"and I'm helping!" excitedly before showing a big smile.

"Ah, boooooooooring" Chinami replied, dropping her arms onto the table. "I thought we could do something fun!"

"Well probably the worst idea to come to a library and do that, pretty stupid" Maimi mockingly said, scanning a book with a smirk.

"Be quiet!" Chinami said laughing and slapping Maimi's hand jokingly. "I just couldn't find anyone" Maimi rolled her eyes before saying

"Fair enough."

"I saw maasa here, she is round the corner there reading manga!" Mai said, pointing to the right happily.

"Ah! Is she!" she said, she jumped up quickly before louding exclaiming "Maaaaaa" and running around the corner.

"Yea, I give up, Can't-" Maimi started before Mai exclaimed

"Ah! I got a text from Chissaa, she said she got in trouble for breaking another vending machine!" laughing, she showed Maimi her phone.

"Really?" Maimi said trying to hold in laughter.

"its probably that silly vending machin trick, of course" Mai said "I remember when we first met, she tried to do it to impress me, ended the way you would think." She chuckled.

"Well Chisato will always be Chisato" Maimi said

Mai then said, looking at the ground "Yea, she...." She looked upwards  and gained a smiled again "Will always be!"