TWENTY-EIGHT.

FEBRUARY 2ND, 2019. (SATURDAY)

Now that court was finished, things slowly started to go back to normal. The gang was now more focused on their jobs and whatever else needed more attention. Although, Ponyboy and Johnny were more focused on Johnny's weight problem ( which was another concentration of the gang ).

Johnny knew that he hadn't gained a lot. It was obvious. With how much stress everyone had been having, he hadn't had much time to really take care of himself like he needed to. He hoped that soon enough, things would be better. That he could focus more on himself instead of his parents haunting him and breathing down his neck.

The younger teen of the two looks at his lover, taking a small breath. He grabs his hand gently, giving it a small squeeze as he rests his chin against his shoulder. He just wanted to make sure that his lover was happy. It would get better now that everything was over. Nothing else bad was going to happen.

"Are you doing okay?" Ponyboy questions softly, giving his hand a gentle squeeze, running his thumb over the tan teen's knuckles.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little freaked out is all. My parents are in prison... I get to live with you guys full time, school is still a big part of everything. My weight has probably plummeted, " Johnny replies, shrugging his shoulders, looking at the younger teen. "It's just a lot, I guess. That's all."

"It's going to get better," Ponyboy assures, pressing a small kiss to his cheek. "And I know that for a fact. Because you're the toughest person that I know. You've lived through so much and you're still here to tell the story about it. That's saying something. And I'm very much proud of you."

The 16-year-old smiles softly and gives a small laugh, pressing a kiss to Ponyboy's cheek in return.  It had been such a weird journey. And he had Ponyboy to be with him the entire way. Even if it started off as a friendly gesture in the beginning. Now it was something amazing and nice. It felt good to love someone. It felt good to be loved.

Ponyboy hums softly and stays leaned against him, holding his hand. He enjoyed being close to him whenever he could. It comforted the two of them and he knew that. It was glad to have such an easy comfort source. And it was good to know that he had his best friend and boyfriend to be that source.

"Johnnycake, I think we should check your weight," Ponyboy suggests after a few minutes of sitting with him in silence. "I know that you've been stressed and stuff but your weight could be going down even more. I don't want that to happen... We need to get back to helping you get better."

Johnny sighs softly but he nods his head in agreement. He didn't ever like checking his weight but it was needed this time around. He knew that much. The teen slowly stands up and goes to the bathroom to look at the scale sitting in the bathroom. He hated looking at it. It made him feel nervous and just so... Bleh.

The teen was aware that he probably had lost weight. And if he gained any weight at all, it probably wasn't the largest amount. He could only hope though that it would get better. That's all he wanted. He wanted to get better and be happy and just be fixed from what his parents had done to him over the years.

Ponyboy walks into the bathroom shortly after his boyfriend, holding the notebook that he had started at the beginning of their journey. He had his current weight from the last doctor's visit written down, and also the weight that he needed to gain to be at a normal weight. Slowly but surely, they would be able to get there. He just knew it.

"Alright, you gotta step onto the scale for me," Ponyboy says gently, giving him a smile as he clicks the pen. "You don't have to look at the numbers if you don't feel comfortable enough to do that yet. I can always just tell you how much you've gained."

"I think I'm going to try and look at the numbers this time," Johnny says quietly, looking at the scale still. He was really nervous but he felt that he could do this. That would be good for him. "But I still want you to tell me how much I've gained. I forgot what I weighed at the doctor's office."

Ponyboy smiles softly and looks at his lover fondly. He was so proud of him. The young teen always knew that Johnny would gain some of his confidence would come back. It was nice to see it again.

"Step on the scale then, handsome," Ponyboy directs gently, humming. "Your weight at the doctor's office was 110 pounds. That's not too awful far from where you need to be. Just keep in mind that you're close."

Johnny nods his head and steps onto the scale, tilting his head up for a minute. He feels Ponyboy walk to stand next to him, looking at the numbers. The numbers were such a scary thing. They made him feel scared and self-conscious about his own body.

Soon, his eyes trail down to the numbers and he sees that the scale was saying 114 pounds. It was only a four-pound weight gain since December, but he still couldn't help but think that he could have gotten more.

"114 pounds, Johnnycake," Ponyboy praises softly. "That's great. I'm so proud of you."

The younger teen wraps his arms around him from behind and smiles, lightly holding his hips. Even if Johnny didn't feel it, he was very much proud of him. And he loved him and all of the progress that he seemed to be making. It was just wonderful.

"Really?" Johnny questions gently, wanting a little more reassurance.

"Really," Ponyboy confirms gently. "Im so proud of you... Forever and always."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Word Count; 1,020

How was this?

Im trying to stock up the rest of the chapters while I can. I have three more to write before this book is officially over. I've been working on this book since 2018. And it's one of my proudest works.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this ❤