ELEVEN.

DECEMBER 18TH, 2018. (TUESDAY)

Johnny walks down the street with Ponyboy quietly, listening to the sound of his feet crunching against the snow and ice. It was freezing outside so Ponyboy made him wear one of his sweatshirts. The older boy couldn't complain at all though. His sweatshirt was soft and big and really warm.

"Where am I gonna go?" Johnny questions softly. "I can't remember any of my classes since the last time I was in there."

Ponyboy turns his head and looks at his lover, humming softly. That was something they really did have to talk about. Maybe he could just tag along with Ponyboy to class? Maybe they could get all of their work and head to the library?

"We'll go to the office and ask for your class list," Ponyboy says. "If anything, you might just be with me for a lot of the classes."

Ponyboy playfully nudges his side and walks close to him, laughing softly. He looks around carefully before placing a kiss to Johnny's cheek. The older boy's cheeks light up bright red, his head instantly turning.

"Ponyboy!" Johnny scolds quietly, looking back at his lover. "Someone could see us!"

Ponyboy rolls his eyes playfully and wraps an arm around the older male's waist. He chuckles softly and kisses his cheek again, keeping his lips pressed for a few seconds. The younger male didn't want his lover to be scared to be affectionate with him.

"It's okay," Ponyboy soothes softly, holding him close to his side. "We're on the Greaser side of town. No one really goes to school. We won't be seen. Besides, we're known for being close together. It's normal."

Johnny slowly relaxes into him, resting his head on his shoulder. The younger boy was right, as usual. He smiles softly and nods his head, taking a deep breath. Nothing was going to happen to them. It was going to be okay.

They both make it to the school and walk inside. Ponyboy slowly lets go of him and simply leads him to the office, a little nervous of the Socs walking around. He didn't want his lover to be harmed by anyone. 

Johnny follows behind the auburn-haired male and looks around, digging his hands in his jean pockets. It's been so long since he's been in school. He was a little excited but there was more fear. Fear of students being judgemental and fear of teachers thinking he was stupid. 

"Almost there," Ponyboy says to him, continuing to walk to the office.

After a minute, the two boys make it to the office and close the door carefully behind him. Johnny looks around and swallows thickly, seeing all the women behind the counter. The younger male walks up to the desk and taps his fingers against the counter.

"What can I do for you?" The woman behind the desk asks, giving them both a warm smile. 

"I need a schedule for Johnny Cade," Ponyboy says. "I beleive he's a sophomore since he got held back once..." 

Johnny's cheeks flush red in embarrassment, looking down at his feet. He remembered getting held back and he was so ashamed of himself for that. The older male swallows thickly and shifts on his feet, swaying aide to side. 

"Is there a way to get him in classes with me?" Ponyboy questions. "Because I can help him get his work done and help him get better to where he can graduate. Besides, he's in a place to where he can't come to school at times."

Johnny continues to look down, feeling his heart race in his chest. Did his lover think he was stupid too? He could do things on his own and he didn't need any help from anyone.

"Let me talk with the principle and see what we can do," the woman says. "That might take a little while so for now, Mr. Curtis, you can head back to class. Mr. Cade will have to talk to the principle and we'll have to talk to the teachers about his schedule."

Ponyboy looks at his lover, nodding his head a little. He slowly and hesitantly wraps his arm around the tan boy's frame, holding him close for a minute. The younger male plants a small kiss on his forehead before pulling away from him. 

"I'll see you soon, Johnnycake," Ponyboy says softly. "Don't be scared."

Johnny blushes a little, looking up at him and nodding. He watches as his lover leave the office and he takes a deep breath. Now he was all by himself. 

"The principle should be with you in a moment," The woman behind the counter says. "Just take a seat and wait."

Johnny nods his head a little and sits down in one of the chairs, holding his hands on his lap. He was terrified that he would be put somewhere by himself where he wasn't able to feel safe. To him, safety meant a lot. 

He sits there and bounces his leg nervously, glancing around the office. It's been a long time since he was in the office for any sort of reason. 

After a minute, the principal walks into the office and looks at Johnny Cade, giving a comforting smile. He waves the tan boy on and walks to his office. Johnny follows him to the principal's office, closing the door behind him. He takes a seat in front of the desk. 

"So, Mr. Cade," the principal starts. "On my records, it says that you have many absences this year... Is this going to continue?"

Johnny swallows nervously. 

"It might, sir," Johnny responds quietly.

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm in a situation where I can't be here all the time," Johnny says softly. 

"Can I ask of your situation?"

Johnny hesitantly nods.

"My family isn't nice," Johnny says carefully. "And I don't feel safe... Sometimes I get hurt to where I can't come to school or am too scared too... I stay at Ponyboy's house sometimes and he helps me out a lot... He's my support person really..."

The principal slowly nods his head in understanding. They could work through this. It would take a lot of careful planning but they could do it.

"Okay, Mr. Cade," the principal says. "Since Mr. Curtis is really close and important to you, you can have your classes with him. And if you can't come to school, we'll send home your work with him and he can teach you and help you. You will have a lot of make-up work because so far this year, you have a total of eight absences. Does this sound okay with you?"

"Yes, sir."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Word Count: 1113

How was this?

I'm sorry for the terribly long wait on an update for this. I've only been using my laptop at school to write and I've been working on this since Monday. Hopefully, motivation comes a little faster and I can get more done.

Also, my jally book 'Love is Hard' might end up being taken down. I can't get updates up quick enough and since it's jally and not johnnyboy, it's not doing great and no one is really reading it. If I take it down, I might work on it and put it back up when I have several updates prepared to post. Comment what you think of that because I really need opinions on that. 

I hope you enjoyed this update and that it makes up for my absence. I love you guys so much and thank you for reading 💕 💞 💓 💗 💖 💘