TWELVE.

DECEMBER 21ST, 2018. (FRIDAY)

Johnny sighs softly, finally finishing one of the many worksheets he had piled up to do. He was working on the papers from when he was absent since he's been doing fairly well with the things given to him in class. The 16-year-old runs his fingers through his raven hair, glancing at his lover who was sitting next to him in their seminar.

"All done with another one?" Ponyboy questions, looking up from a paper from his English class. 

Johnny nods his head, putting the finished paper aside to start another. Since it was the beginning of the year where his absences ensued, they weren't anything too difficult for him. He only had one paper left from his English class before he could take a break or work on more work that he had to finish because it was due on Monday. 

"Do you need any help from me?" Ponyboy asks. "Cause I'll give you help if you need it."

Johnny hesitantly leans on the pale boy's shoulder, shaking his head. He gives a weak smile, starting to work on the English paper, filling in the blanks with the correct words. The boy wasn't the best at English but he knew how to read and write okay.

"Nah, I got this," Johnny says softly. "I'm almost finished and then I can just turn it all in at the end of the day. After that, I got some work that's due on Monday to do."

"I'm proud of you," Ponyboy cooes softly. "I really am proud of you. You're doing so well for just getting back to school on Tuesday. You might just get all A's and B's, dear."

The 16-year-old's cheeks go pink and his entire face gets hot. He still wasn't used to being complimented and loved on like this. It was a nice change though and he embraced it with open arms (or at least semi-open arms). 

"We got lunch after this," Ponyboy tells him, glancing at his lover. "And I know how you feel about eating in school."

Johnny nods his head sheepishly. 

"Well, I talked to the seminar teacher and she said that you and I could just eat in here," Ponyboy says. "We just need to get our lunch and come back here. You need to at least get a yogurt or something, maybe even a juice. "

"Okay," Johnny says sheepishly. "What about my work? Can I still work on that while I eat my lunch?"

"Of course you can."

Johnny gathers up all of his finished papers as well as the one he just finished. He was officially done with all of his late work. The tan boy smiles a little, feeling proud of what he did. 

"We can walk around to our classes so you can turn in those before we get lunch," Ponyboy says. "I do it all the time."

Johnny nods his head a little and stands up, looking at the clock. It was almost time for lunch.

"Can we leave now?" Johnny questions.

"Yeah, let's get going," Ponyboy says, standing up.

Johnny smiles a little more, walking to the door with Ponyboy. They both walk out and start going around to all of their classes. The older boy of the two turns in all of his late work, feeling a weight lift off of his shoulders. Ponyboy grabs his hand and gives it a small squeeze before letting go. 

"Now let's go to lunch," Ponyboy says, walking towards the lunch line.

Johnny blushes sheepishly and walks behind him, standing next to his lover in the line. They both slowly making it through the line, Johnny ending up with a bottle of apple juice. Ponyboy puts in his code, stepping out of the line and he watches as Johnny does the same. 

"Back to seminar, Johnnycake!" Ponyboy says happily.

The younger boy was so proud of Johnny for doing all of his work and eating a little more. Of course, it wasn't much more than he would eat at his house but it was progress.

Johnny walks with Ponyboy back to their seminar and smiles softly. He holds his apple juice bottle carefully, sitting it down at the table once they arrive back at their spot. The two of them sit down, Ponyboy starting on his food and Johnny starting to drink his juice.

"How many classes left do we have left after this?" Johnny questions softly. 

"Three," Ponyboy replies. "Geometry, English 10, and our Chorus class."

Johnny nods, starting to finish up the last bit of work from their previous classes that day. He would just drop off the work off after their last class. The boy hums softly, writing his name on the paper, starting to work on it. 

Ponyboy leans on his shoulder, watching as his lover did his school work. He hums softly moving his chair a little closer to him and continues to eat happily. The younger male sneakily wraps an arm around his waist, causing Johnny's cheeks to go red. 

"I care for you tons and tons," Ponyboy murmurs softly, looking up at the older boy. "And I hope you know that I'm never going to stop doing that."

"I care for you tons and tons too," Johnny replies softly. "And I'm never going to stop caring for you either."

- Time Skiperoo

Johnny and Ponyboy walk out of the school, smiling softly. Overall, it was a wonderful day. The two ended up sneaking a few small kisses in the back of their Geometry class. It was wonderful.

The two boys continue to walk back to the Curtis house, humming happily. Johnny looks at his lover, a love-sick smile on his face and a loving look in his eyes. He really does adore the younger boy. 

Ponyboy looks up at Johnny and laughs softly, hesitantly leaning his head on his shoulder. He just wanted to be close to his lover. The older male wraps an arm around his waist, pulling him a little closer. 

"So, what do you wanna do at home since we don't have work to do?" Ponyboy questions.

"Anything that involves loving you."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Word Count: 1030

How was this?

This update was finished the same day as chapter eleven was but I'm waiting to post it. I'm feeling really productive so that makes me happy.

Thank you guys so much for reading 💗💖💞💓

𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑. ( 𝘫𝘰𝘩𝘯𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें