TWENTY-ONE.

JANUARY 15TH, 2019. ( TUESDAY )

Hours ticked away in the hospital room before anything happened. The two teenagers both relaxed in Johnny's hospital bed, cuddled up together. There was nothing they could do anyway since Johnny wasn't allowed to watch tv or read.

After a while, the hospital door and in files the entire gang. Everyone was there. It was always surprising since Johnny was just about ready to fall asleep. The younger teen pulls Johnny closer to him.

"Gosh, Johnny," Darry says. "I heard that you were in here but work just wouldn't let me off. I just got out a bit ago and I picked everyone up to come here. How are you, kid?"

Johnny hums out in response, nodding his head tiredly. The 16-year-old slowly sits up and rubs at his sleepy eyes, not wanting to fall asleep with the gang visiting him. Ponyboy sits up as well, still firmly wrapped around his lover.

"I'm good," Johnny replies softly. "Just... Just a little sore is all. Nothing too wrong, I promise you guys."

Ponyboy lightly nudges Johnny's side, not wanting to irritate any of his fractured ribs (even though there were only two fractured ribs). Johnny whines a little and playfully glares, still melting into his touch nonetheless.

"What happened to you?" Two-Bit questions. "Did some Socs get a hold of you or something?"

"No, no, not them," Johnny says.

"Good, those damned Socs would have had something coming," Dallas replies.

"No violence," Soda chimes in after his boyfriend.

Johnny couldn't help but laugh a little. He hums and starts to think about what he probably needed to say. After a few minutes, he finally decided to open up about what actually happened... And maybe bringing up his eating disorder.

"What actually happened was that Ponyboy convinced me to get some clothes from my house since I was planning on going back for the night," Johnny says. "I agreed with it and he went with me. As I got my bag packed... My dad came in and Ponyboy hid in the closet because I good him. And... And my dad beat me because I wouldn't tell him where I was staying. I woke up in the hospital and Ponyboy said that he brought me here... Then the doctor came in and talked to me."

"So... What's all wrong with you?" Steve asks.

"Well, I have a minor concussion, two fractured ribs, and a bruised muscle in my abdomen," Johnny says, trailing off near the end.

Johnny was thinking if he really should tell the gang about his eating disorder. He didn't want to bother them with it and make them feel bad for not noticing. That wasn't his intention. He just thought of what Ponyboy said about getting help and he figured that he needed the whole gang on board.

"What's on your mind, Johnnycake?" Two-Bit asks, his voice gentle with worry. "There still seems to be something bothering you. Maybe that's just me though..."

Johnny slowly shakes his head and looks at him.

"No, no, it's not just you," Johnny says. "You're right. There is something on my mind that I should probably share with you and the rest of the gang. It's really important..."

Ponyboy's hand slowly trails to the older teen's and grabs it gently. He intertwines their fingers and gives his hand a gentle squeeze. That was all of the courage that he needed to tell them. A simple hand to hold.

"I have... I have an eating disorder," Johnny says. "And I have for a long time. I've been getting a bit of help from Ponyboy and I decided that to initially make a full recovery... I would need your guys' help to keep me where I need to be. Some days it gets harder than other and that's when I'll really need you guys..."

Johnny looks at the gang, his eyes scanning over to see what they were thinking. All of their faces held sympathy. He didn't want sympathy but he couldn't expect much from them after hiding it for so long.

"You got us, Johnnycake," Dallas says after a minute of silence. "We'll do anything to get you some help. We'll make sure you're eating and all of that good stuff."

Johnny smiles sheepishly and sees the rest of the gang model their heads in agreement. It warmed his heart to know that so many people were going to care for him. He knew that it might be overwhelming sometimes with how much help he was receiving but it was going to be so worth it.

"I hope you guys know that I'm getting a prescription for weight gain shakes," Johnny says, smiling a little. "It's gonna help me add a little extra weight to my bag of bones. We just need to pick it up from the store. It's fully covered."

Ponyboy kisses his cheek and the 16-year-old melts into his touch. He looks at his boyfriend and his tan cheeks turn a light shade of red. The younger teen made him so happy. He couldn't wait to spend so much longer with him.

"We'll drive there after you get released," Darry says, nodding his head. "We'll make sure you got what you need. And if anything, maybe we can alter our own food choices to help you out. More protein stuff, right? I think so."

Johnny laughs gently and nods his head. He found it wonderful that Darry was willing to change the entire gang's diet at the house just to make sure that he was getting what he needed. That was just wonderful.

"I would appreciate it but you really don't have to change everyone's diet for me," Johnny says. "Thank you though, Darry."

"I needed to go grocery shopping anyway, kiddo," Darry says. "I ain't gonna take no for an answer."

Darry reaches over and ruffles Johnny's ungreased and longish hair, messing it up. Johnny playfully swats his hand and looks at the door as it opened. It was the doctor.

"Mr. Cade," the doctor says. "You are fully free for being released. We'll get you signed out and you're free to go. Alright?"

"Right."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Word Count: 1,034

How was this?

I'm sorry that the updates are slow with this story. I wanna write my best for it because this story means so much to me personally. Hopefully, you guys understand.

Thank you very much for reading ♥