The Story

Jackson's POV again

My foot tapped impatiently as I stared out the window. I needed to get to Annie. Something didn't feel right. If she was hurt, I was going to throw someone.

"You ok there son?" The person next to me said.

I turned and saw a man looking at me with a strange look.

"Ugh, yeah sorry. I'm on the way to see my girlfriend," I said, then grimaced. She wasn't my girlfriend. We were technically broken up.

"Young love," the man said and gazed into the distance. "I remember mine like it was yesterday,"

He proceeded to go into a long story about meeting his wife, and I tried to pay attention because it helped distracted me from Annie.

"So, wait you guys broke up even though you were meant to be?" I ask incredulously.

"Well, sure. We weren't perfect son. Everyone had their ups and downs, us more than most. But in the end we realized that we still loved each other no matter what. And that's all that mattered. You know, she was about to get married to another guy,"

"What?" I ask.

"Yeah, she was at the altar and I burst through the door and confessed my love and then she pretty much left the guy at the altar and married me in the aisle,"

"Wow! That's...crazy," I reply.

"Yeah, love is crazy. Is your love doing ok?" He asked, looking at me with a inquiring look.

"Um, well, we...uh-"

"Flight 2567!" The flight attendant yelled.

I look over at the number. Wait, that's my flight!

"I'm so sorry sir, but that's my flight and I really need to see her," I say, and grab my stuff, springing to the gateway.

I still can't relax, after I've settled into my seat. Thankfully no one is beside me, as the plane is relatively empty in general.

I pull out my phone, and try to scroll TikTok to take my mind off Annie.

It doesn't really work but me being so stressed out causes me to fall asleep.

I finally updated!! Thank you for reading this story!! Thank you also for 31k reads! That's so crazy. Anyways sorry I haven't updated on a regular basis but here's a short chapter!

Love ya guys

Abby