Confessions

Jackson is standing outside my door, a bouquet of red roses in his hands.

"Annie, I know that you didn't want me to fly across the country for a girl I met a month ago," he starts.

I blush as he says the words I told Payton not so long ago.

"But, as I think about it, I would do it a million times again, because I'm crazy about you. You consume all my thoughts and I miss you so much, and I was hoping you'd come back to tour," He finishes.

Well, he doesn't finish exactly. I collapse into him halfway through his monologue.

He smiles and hugs me back.

"Is that a yes?" He asks, pulling me away to look at him.

I smile, happy tears streaming down my face. "Absolutely," I say.

We stand there for a while, just embracing each other.

I just can't seem to let him go.

He explained everything.

What really happened with that girl(ugh) and how I overreacted(dumb me) but how it all turned out ok. How, when Payton found out I was gone, he called Jackson and they planned a big event. How Jackson and my mom(my own mother!) planned this whole thing and I didn't even know. How it just so happened that a perfectly timed phone call from Payton gave Jackson the perfect amount of time to set up and be ready but what did you need to set up if you only have a dozen roses.

Finally my mom comes out and she tells us to come inside.

I smile and clasp Jackson's hand gently and we walk inside, going to my room and plopping on the bed.

"That's crazy. I can't believe that that's happened to us in a few short weeks," I say.

"I know, it's crazy. But, I would honestly give it all up to be with you," he says.

I give a half smile. "Are you serious?" I ask.

"Of course. I think I'm in love with you," he says and I stop.

He must notice because his face stops and changes instantly.

"Sorry! If you're not ready for that I get it!" He says and I can't help but laugh at his quick personality change.

"No, you're fine. It's just...never mind" I say.

"No, tell me," he says.

"It's not important,"

"Well, I don't care. It's in our pact," he says.

"No it's not!" I say.

"Well now it is. Spill!"

"Ugh, Fine. I was just going to say that it's hard for me to accept love so when it comes around I tend to shut down," I say.

He scoots closer to me and grabs my hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"It's totally fine Annie. I understand. I've said this before but I'll keep saying it.  I'll go as slow as you want. I just want you to be happy. And remember I'll always be there for you,"

"Will you though?"

"Of course!"

"But, you're famous! And besides, we have to be realistic. We're both in the middle of the teenage years and that involves a lot of emotions and statistically we probably won't last," I say.

"But we'll stay together. We just need to communicate and listen to each other and everything will go along smoothly."

"But that's it! If we never argue then are we even really in love? Or just infatuated? I'm so scared Jackson. Scared that my feelings will go away. Or that one day you'll wake up and realize what a loser I am. Or I don't know. I'm just scared," I say, tears coming to my eyes.

Jackson gives me a sad look and pulls me into a tight hug. "If that ever happens, you can slap me upside the head because I'll be an idiot if I think you're less than a perfect beautiful angel," he says.

I cry silently, letting his warmth let me fall asleep.

It's been a hot minute and I'm so sorry. This book gets harder to write because as I said, I don't really like Jackson as much anymore but I'll stick it out and continue writing for you guys. Have a great day and I love you guys.