Gone

"Honey, you ok?" My mom asks over the phone.

"No," I say, eating another spoon of ice cream.

"Did you listen to him? Maybe it was a misunderstanding?" She offers.

I groan. I know my mom was right but I didn't want her to know that. I wish she would've just stayed on my side and attacked Jackson instead of being neutral and realistic.

"Mom, He was kissing another girl!" I say.

"Annie, I know you're upset, but seriously listen to me. He is a famous person and there are a bunch of girls who are jealous of your relationship with him. Didn't you even say that the girl was someone who was talking trash about you anyways?" My mom asks.

I sigh, but then it clicks. Maybe I was wrong.

"Oh mom, I wasn't stupid was I?" I ask.

"Honey, it's ok. You're both human and sometimes mistakes happen. Even with your "pact" you couldn't have expected everything to be perfect," my mom explains.

"How can I fix it?" I ask.

"Well, apologizing is a good start. Or maybe space. He's probably hurting too and needs some space,"

"Ok, mom, space. Do you think I can go home then? It'll be hard not to see him and hug him or something," I say honestly.

"Of course. Just make sure you tell Marie," my mom says then stops. "I'm sorry. You and Marie aren't close anymore are you?" She asks.

I give a half smile. "Not really," I say.

"That's ok. Just hurry and get on the quickest flight possible and come home. And we can eat tons of ice cream and binge watch sappy romances!" My mom offers.

"You're the best!" I say.

"I try my best! See you soon love!"

"Bye mom!"

I hang up and look around. I guess I should tell Payton instead of Marie.

I send a quick simple text telling him the news and begun to pack up my stuff.

I finally get everything together and walk to the door.

Glancing at the clock, I see it's 12:45 and my flight I scheduled for 2:00 am. I look around and think of all the memories.

I smile and walk away.

Sorry it's short again. Hope you enjoy!