Leaving

I head back with Marie to our hotel room and begin to pack up as Marie proceeds to shower and change into something else for dinner.

"Oh my gosh! Everyone was so nice and did I mention that Payton smelled so good!" Marie screams through her shower. She pokes her head out moments later, her hair wet from her shower.

"You smelled him?" I ask, laughing.

"Well, yes and no. When I hugged him, I smelled him," Marie explains.

"Still sounds weird,"

"Shut up!" She says turning red.

I roll my eyes. Would Payton still like Marie if he knew how crazy she was about him.

All of a sudden something slides under the door and I glance over.

It's an envelope that seems primarily empty. I walk over and pick it up.

My phone starts ringing and I see that Payton is calling me so I accept it and hold it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Did you get it?" Payton asks through the phone?"

"If you mean this sketchy envelope than yes I got it," I shoot back.

He laughs. "Just open it dork," he says.

I sigh loudly but proceed to open it, sliding out one ticket to the dinner date with them.

I gasp. "Payton, please don't tell me you bought this for me!" I say, on the verge of happiness.

"Um, oops?" He says innocently.

"I hate you but at the same time I love you," I say slightly upset but happy altogether.

"I'm just tying to play matchmaker. And besides, Jackson deserves someone good for him and it turns out to be you," Payton says and then the line goes eerily quiet.

"Payton? Are you still there?"

"Yeah, sorry I was just thinking," Payton clarifies.

"About Marie?" I retort.

I can't see him but I swear I can hear him blushing through the phone.

"She's going to be here tonight right?" He asks in a hushed whisper.

"Yeah, should be. But seriously, she's obsessed with you! When she hugged you she said she smelled you! It was one of the weirdest things ever!" I laugh.

"Seriously?" Payton asks happily.

"Don't tell me that turns you on or else we're not going to be friends anymore," I threaten.

"No, I just....Well when we hugged, I might have caught the scent of her perfume and-"

"You're saying you smelled her too?!" I say shocked.

"Um maybe?" He says nervously.

"Geez, it's like you guys were made for each other. That's weird,"

"Please, don't tell me you didn't smell Jackson when you hugged him?" Payton says.

"Actually no.  Our hug was normal and we didn't have a sniffing contest, thank you very much!" I say.

"Well whatever.  Anyways, now you have to go to dinner!" He says.  "Jackson will be happy to see you" he adds quietly.

"I'm sure he will.  But more importantly, Payton, you broke our pinky promise!  I told you I wasn't good at accepting gifts and you went behind my back and gave me a gift!" I say.

"I'm sorry but I don't want Jackson to be depressed for the rest of the tour so I took matters into my own hands!" He says proudly.

"Well, I guess I have to go now because I can't turn this down," I say.

"Great!  Wear something hot!" Payton yells.

"Oh my gosh!  You're like my gay best friend that's not actually gay!" I laugh.

"Unless Marie is a guy.  In which case I am gay," He clarifies.

"Ugh stop.  You guys will get your happy ending I promise!  Now hang up and let me get ready!" I say.

"For Jackson?" He teases.

"I hate you!" I say and hang up.

Marie comes out of the bathroom.

"Who was that?" She asks.

"Payton," I say casually.

"Payton Moormeier?!" She yells.  "You have his phone number?"

"Yes, he gave it to me," I say, regretting it as I say it due to the look in Marie's eyes.

"You need to tell me everything!" She says and sits me down and I start to tell her everything.

The night I met Jackson and he helped me and then the whole talk with Payton.  The whole story flowed out of me like water and I spilled every secret except for the part about Payton liking Marie.

"Oh my gosh!  I totally ship you and Jackson!" Marie says when I'm finished.

"Not you too!  I only need one supporter and Payton has already filled that spot!" I say turning.

Marie looks at the ticket.  "So what's that?"

"Payton decided to buy me a dinner ticket so I can go see Jackson," I say.

"He broke the promise?" Marie asks horrified.

"Yeah, it's crazy I know!"

"Traitor," Marie mutters.  "But I still love him," she adds.

"Of course you do," I say rolling my eyes.

"So what are we doing sitting around? We have to make you look amazing for Jackson!" Marie says and pulls me to the bathroom.

"Is it to late to say no?" I ask, as she laughs and shuts the bathroom door.

Thank you for reading!  Hope you're enjoying!  Sorry it's so cringeworthy!  Haha I'll hurry and try to write the next chapter soon!