Hotel Room

We sit there for a while, just holding hands and thinking.

The stars are so pretty and the night sky is full of hope for us.

"Are you ready to go?" Jackson asks finally.

I lift my head from his shoulder.  "Yeah," I mutter.

He stands up and I follow him, slightly shivering as it has gotten cold.

All of a sudden, a large warmth spreads around me and i realize it's a sweatshirt.

I smile, blushing like crazy, while slipping it over my head.

"Do you want to go back to your hotel?" Jackson asks, stopping at an intersection.

"Marie won't be there, she's with-"

"Payton, I know," Jackson says.  "He really likes her."

"Do you want to come with?" I ask.

"It wouldn't be very responsible if I left you by yourself," he says and we walk in the direction, holding hands.

"So, tell me about yourself," Jackson starts.

"Sounds like a line I've heard before," I laugh.

"Hmm, what can I say?" Jackson retorts.

"Well, I have an unhealthy obsession with TikTok, I'm sixteen almost seventeen, and I have a dog named Benny," I say.

"Not to mention you're absolutely gorgeous, have an amazing fashion sense, and you brighten my day," Jackson adds casually.

I blush and turn away.

"Not very good at taking compliments, are we?" He asks.

"I don't get many so I can't practice," I say.

"Hmm, well allow me to be your coach,"

"I thought you were my doctor?" I laugh.

"I multitask," he brushes it off.

I smile and bump my shoulder with his.

"But seriously Annie.  I know we're young but maybe we don't have to be.  I know what I'm feeling and I honestly want to know everything about you, good and bad."

I stop, my mouth wide.  "How are you so old and in such a young body?" I laugh, and fall for him a little more.

"See, I like that so much about you.  Your humor is so perfect.  It's like you were made for me."

All I can do is smile, as more of my heart becomes his.

I stop him, and pull him in for a hug.

"Thank you. This means a lot to me. But I'm scared. I don't want to go to far," I say quietly.

"We don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with.  But here's the thing, Annie,"

"What?" I ask, a little nervous as to what he's going to say.

"I don't want to date you just yet.  We just met and I think that would be rushing, but I would love to hang out with you all the time and get to know you," he says.

"Oh, of course.  You don't take a test without preparing first," I say.

He laughs and kisses the top of my head.

We stay like that, wrapped in each other's embrace and I think I could be happy just being good friends with him.

We continue to walk to the hotel until its faint lights come into view.

"So, he comes in and then he sees the board, which almost gives him a heart attack and then, since it's history, we drop honey on him and those little feathers from the general store like we were tarring and feathering him," I laugh through my story of our freshman prank.

Jackson is hysterically laughing so hard he has to stop walking so he could breathe.

"I wish I could do that but I have to focus on other things beside school," he says.

"Is it hard?" I ask, messing with his hair.

"It's different.  Sometimes I wish I could be normal but I love that people look up to me and going on this tour has helped me meet all of them," he says, once he stops laughing.

"That's really cool.  I don't have many fans for as long as I've had TikTok,"

"I'm your number 1 fan," Jackson says.

"Of course you are," I say rolling my eyes and pushing the door to the hotel open.

We walk in and head up to the elevator which takes us to my room.

I pull out the key and open the door allowing both of us to enter.

"It's cute," Jackson says.  "And at least you don't have to share it with a bunch of guys,"

"That sounds rough," I say, grabbing my pajamas and quickly changing in the bathroom.

When I come back out, Jackson is later out on Marie's bed.

"Are you staying here?" I ask.

"If you want and I'll totally respect your space and sleep in Marie's bed," Jackson says, hurriedly.

"You're fine...as long as you keep your hands to yourself or else I'm kicking you out!" I say with a laugh.

Jackson laughs and promises me right before taking his shirt off and his belt.

I can't help but stare at those defined lines that run all over his stomach.

"It's not polite to stare you know," he says, while getting his shirt over his head.

"I hate you," I say jokingly, and put his sweatshirt over my light tank top.

I get in bed and he lays beside me putting a large distance between us.

As the night waned, I remember right before I fell asleep, one arm was wrapped around my waist and it wasn't mine.

Thanks for reading.  Vote if you like to but you definitely don't have to!  Also, there will be no smut or cussing in here as I don't feel comfortable writing that.  Sorry!