That Morning

I wake to the sound of a blaring alarm.

My head shoots up, hitting someone's jaw.

"Ow!" A voice says.

Scared that someone is beside me, I flail even more, falling off the bed and hitting the floor hard.

"Annie?  Are you ok?" The voice asks and looks at me.

Oh, it's Jackson.

"You need to stop hurting me" I say as I pull myself up from the ground.

"I can't help it that my looks knock you to the ground," he shrugs and smiles.

I roll my eyes and sit back down beside him.

"Were you ok last night?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah," I nod and truthfully I was fine.  It hadn't been that terrible.  I mean, Jackson Felt slept in the same bed as me and ended up wrapping his arm around me!  So I think it was an understatement to say I was ok.

Jackson scratches the back of his neck.

He grabs his phone and glanced at the time.

"Oh no!  I have to go!" He says and hurries from the bed, throwing on his precious clothes.

He waits for a moment before looking at me.  "Coming?" He asks.

"Sure," I say, speeding to put on clothes and quickly brush through my hair.

Once in the car and on our way to their hotel room, Jackson's phone rings and he looks at me.

"Can you answer it?"

"Sure," I say and hold it up to my ear.  "Hello?"

"Jackson?" A gruff voice asks.

"Ugh, no this is ugh, Jackson's friend," I say.

"No way!  Jackson got a girlfriend!  Hey guys, Jackson got a girlfriend," the voice says yelling to the people around him.

"Did you need something?" I ask.

"Well I was going to ask him where he'd been but now I think I know the answer!" He says and then hangs up.

"Who was it?" Jackson asks.

"I don't know.  Someone from the tour" I say.

"Aw, man.  What'd he say about you answering the phone?" Jackson asks.

"He said that you have a girlfriend and then whoever you're with he yelled it to them also,"

"Well, there goes our secret," he says.

"But we're not dating," I counter.

"Yet," He says.

I blush and don't look in his eyes.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be forward.  I'll wait as long as I have to but I'm not giving you up yet, Annie.  You know my feelings and intentions," Jackson says.

"I know but we agreed to wait until we know each other better," I say.  "We just act like friends until then right?"

"Yeah, of course!" Jackson answers.

A few moments later, he grabs my hands and looks at me with a grin.

"Friends hold hands," he states.

"Don't know what world you're living in but not normally they don't," I say.

"I don't care what world I'm living in as long as you're there," he adds.