ten | Ichor Tears

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Have I mentioned how exquisitely stunning you look, my Queen?" When he spoke of her appearance, it consisted of honesty on his part, and yet, receiving them filled doubts in her mind. After all, bedding the entire female population was not the least reassuring. And with consideration of his lies to prevent herself from knowing his location and the reasons for his absence.

"I believe this is the first time we've spoken all evening, your Excellency." She humored him for the time being and her eyes scanned his attire for the evening. His sense of fashion never failed to appease the eyes of both men and women."You dress well."

"Alas, your words always held the truth in them." A gentle smile was on his face.

"Why are we dancing?" With restraint, her eyes narrowed at him.

"Am I not allowed to dance with my wife?" His eyebrow rose in question.

"Dancing with such ease is not part of our list of normalcy." The words flowed from her lips in a monotonous tone. Her gaze now leveled with the curve of his neck.

"I'm well aware." There was a pause before he took a deep intake of breath."You're rather restraining yourself lately."

With her lips pursed, she held herself from providing a retort to his claim and settled for a calming approach."What are you trying to say?"

"Civil and reserved."

"Do elaborate, husband." His height was an advantage on her part, preventing him from seeing her jaw clenching.

"Less argumentative." He whispered to her ear.

She hummed.

Silence.

The Queen was unable to regain her composure as the intimacy between them increased. An overwhelming feeling rushed through her veins, filling the airways of her chest. A dark cloud of suffocation overshadowed her senses at the thought of him in close proximity.

What was he hoping to gain from this random gesture?

Completely unnecessary.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked in concern as he noted her silence and cold unwavering expression, yet hazy look plastered on her face.

"Nothing that I can't handle." She gave him one of her fake smiles and lifted her chin to meet his eyes once more. A desperate need behind the thick and thorny walls, in hopes of taking the first step of letting go.

But underneath her palm against his warmth, the surge of electrifying power soothed her anxiety in an instant. A wave of undying comfort from the man who caused her nothing but hurt and constant betrayal, leaving her pieces cracking and falling apart from its original form. Yet, here she was drawn to his touches and affection.

The attention was far from warding off to women that caught his captivating bluish-grey orbs that solely focused on her deep and warm hazel eyes. His arm around her curve tightened further around her back as he slowly leaned closer. Her hand was evidently clutching his warm light brown vest, causing wrinkles to form on the fabric. His left hand reached the nape of her neck, caressing the skin with obvious affection. The look on his face was of her delusional dreams and wishes.

But, that's what it would appear to be. A delusional reality.

His lips were only mere inches away from capturing hers. Their bodies already refrained from swaying through the flowing music. Their figures unknowingly standing in the middle of the entire room, the rest of the deities engaged in the melodious tune. Her surroundings appeared to have slowed itself and she paused to watch her husband lust over her at this exact moment.