23.

Hanbin's POV

“Oh Hyunjin come here and meet Hanbin, your sister I told you about.”
“What?!” I uttered clearly puzzled. Not able to absorb the absurd situation. I looked at my mum and then at Jaebum asking for explanation. My mum looked down and fumbled with her shirt before speaking up,

“I was two months pregnant when I left your father, he was a monster always torturing me and forcing me to betray Jinyoung’s father who was a really true friend of mine, and I couldn’t bring myself to do that so I left him. Soon after sometime Hyunjin was born, I hid him away from the world. I was scared that your father would take away him away too like he took you guys away from me.” She concluded her leaving me speechless but I slowly started to absorb all the things. Hyunjin’s surname was Hwang because my mum didn’t want to give him my father’s surname he got my mother’s surname.
I looked back at Hyunjin who stood there still dazed. I managed to smile at him and a layer of happiness washed over me as I looked at him thinking of him as my younger brother.

“We studied together in Japan.” I uttered looking at Jaebum and mum who seemed surprised by my words.

“And technically good friends.” Hyunjin spoke up as he took a seat beside me.
The evening was eventful yet it went by well, I was obviously really baffled at first but soon things got easier as I liked my ‘own’ family. I felt happy after a long time; it was like finally leaves were growing again on the tree which once dried out. My mum already settled my room and I was going to live with her from now on.

I was walking towards the room when the thought of Jinyoung crossed my mind. My mood dropped and loneliness filled inside me, the serious misunderstandings between us was killing me from inside. I couldn’t stand his fiancé but I can’t do anything, I’m powerless. Jinyoung hates me to an endless limit how can he possibly get back to normal, never, not even in my dreams. I looked down hopeless than ever.

I decided to visit the lawn and sit there for a while as I didn’t want to go to the room, not yet. I turned my heels and walked towards the lush green garden full with colorful flowers. I sat on one of the chairs and breathed in the fresh, Jasmine scented air consoling my soul a bit.

“What are you doing here at this hour?”Someone from behind spoke up making me flinch a bit. I looked back and saw Hyunjin standing behind my chair smiling at me. I smiled back at him as he came and sat down parallel to.

“You look tensed, you okay?” he asked concerned.

“Just got some things over my mind.” I said shaking my head reassuringly.

“Hanbin please it’s the hundredth I am requesting you please don’t keep your worries to yourself, at least to a brother, tell what’s bothering you from the start.” He said his words making my heart melt and giving myself the permission to tell him everything.

“How do you know Hana?” I asked him.

“She is daughter of Mr. Park; I met her at a family gathering. I like her, I’m sorry about her weird behavior towards you. Only if I have known our relationship. This would never happen.” He said looking his cheek dusted with a blush at the mention of Hana.

“Please don’t destroy your relations with her because of me. Even if you knew our relationship it would still happen because…….” I couldn’t bring my sentence to an end as a short silence hung between us.

“You obviously know Park Jinyoung, right?.” I said smiling sourly, breaking the silence.

“I know him.” He said, still looking down.

I sucked in a deep breath and spoke up,
“Our father sent me on a mission to kill him, he from the very start told us that Jinyoung’s family killed our mother. So I agreed to his order, I trapped Jinyoung by acting all innocent and harmless and he being so naïve got tricked easily, but soon I regretted agreeing to obey father’s order, I truly started liking him, I got swayed away from my real aim. I started hating everything, my family my father, my life even myself, but the fear of being thrown away was much more, I was going crazy I wanted to save both side but I was unable to do so. The day I shot Jinyoung was when I came to know about father’s filthy secret. I purposely shot Jinyoung on the right side wanting to save him but when I came across the fake death I was heartbroken, and dejected. I and Jaebum both went crazy. I lost everything I had just because I was not able to detect the filthy lies which father fed us.” I uttered the cruel truth, letting it all go. A tear slipped from the corner of my eyes as I laughed bitterly at my hysteric self. Hyunjin was not too shocked to hear this all as he knew the story in bits and pieces already. I wiped my tears and looked up at him.