14.

My breathing was uneven. 'What was that?!' without thinking twice I grabbed my wind cheater and ran out of the house hoping that this all would be false.

I ran frantically, chills continuously ran down my spine as the thought of losing him continuously rose up in my mind. I could feel the impending disaster ahead. I could feel my body shaking in fear but I still ran. My feet came to a halt in front of the huge grey painted building in front of me. I grabbed the glass doors and opened them with a panicky new vigor. I ran inside earning weird glances from people. The door stood in front of me with letters printed on it, 'Manager: I'm Jaebum.'

With quivering hands I twisted the door knob. Jaebum's head rested on his black chair whose back was facing me, my heart stopped for a moment before I ran to his side, turned his chair, his face was perfectly fine but he was motionless, I started shaking him madly. My lower lip trembled as big tears rolled down. To my surprise he jolted up surprised by someone shaking him crazily. Relief washed over me as I saw him perfectly fine unlike the picture I got, it displayed him dead awfully, like really awfully, his neck had a deep slit, his face was full of cuts and....I don't even want to think about it. When his eyes adjusted on me his eyes widened.

My legs were not able to carry my weight anymore, my knees knocked to the ground as my chest rose up and down; Tears fell down as an endless stream, the fear still lingered in my mind not getting over it yet.

Jaebum bent down to my level and shook my staggered figure. I looked up at him and hugged him with my whole might that it may have left slight marks on his back but I didn't care about that at the moment.

"What is it? What happened?" he asked softly patting my back. I slowly came back to my senses. I broke the hug when I calmed down a little and faced him,

"N-nothing, just h-had a bad dream." I said, looking down my figure still shaking.

"Let's go home." I said and stood up, pulling Jaebum with me. I decided not to say anything to him.

He looked unsatisfied with my answer, but didn't utter a single word.

The whole journey I grabbed his hand tightly still struck hard. He constantly kept on asking me but I still kept it to myself, the reason I don't even know myself. We reached home and decided to eat together. We both freshened up and came back. I tied my hair in a ponytail and washed my face as I was both mentally and physically tired.

I came out of my room and saw Jaebum already seated on the table, i took a seat in front of him and we started eating in an awkward silence.

"How's your University going?" he asked looking at me.

When I heard the name of my University, this morning's event replayed in my mind. Fight with Bora. Meeting Mark and the picture. My mind was so indulged in thinking that I even forgot what he asked me. Jaebum stopped eating and stared at me carefully, on the other hand I was looking at my plate, randomly poking the food in it, completely spaced out.

JAEBUM'S POV:

I looked at her spaced out figure, unaware of me looking at her. I'm certain that something happened today, she's acting weirder today. I shook my head and was about to shake her, but the deep red, marks on her neck caught my eyes. I gasped and my eyes enlarged.

"What the....." I said as I looked at her who was looking at me now wide eyed.

"What is this?!"I asked her shocked.

"J-jaebum I-i..." she stuttered and started hiding them, which irritated me.

"How many more lies? How many more things will you hide?" I said to her with my jaw clenched.

"It's an allergy, I promise, it's an allergy" she said her hands waving in front of her face trying to explain her lie. It hurts me seeing her getting worse day by day. She acts all fine in front of me, but I could see through her, she lies, she fakes the smiles, she's dying inside, her anxiety eating her up.

"When will you stop lying to me?" I said.

"I'm not lying...."she said softly looking down.

"You ended everything, sharing things with me, talking to me, nagging me, cry in front of me. Why?" I said, banging my hand on the table emotions taking over me.

"It's not like that. I just....." she stopped and looked up at me and continued her eyes glimmering with emotions.

"Time changes people, and incidents make it worse." Her words were piercing knives in my heart but were no doubt, true.

I closed my eyes and took in a few deep breaths. Silence enveloped both of us in its uneasiness.

"What happened today?" I decided to break the ice.

"I had a fight." She looked at me and spoke up, her words straightforward.

"Why?" I was shocked; she would never hurt anyone without a solid reason.

"They talked nonsense about my character." She said laughing sulkily.

"I won't ask anymore, but please don't do anything that would hurt you. If anyone tries to hurt just call me. If something bothers you can always hold onto me." I said smiling at her.

HANBIN'S POV:

After a long time I felt happy. I was happy to see Jaebum opening up to me so I decided to tell him what happened to me today, except the Mark's part. I'm sorry Jaebum I just cannot.

"I won't ask anymore, but please don't do anything that would hurt you. If anyone tries to hurt just call me. If something bothers you can always hold onto me." He told me. I felt ecstatic. I smiled at him and for the first time we ate while laughing and chatting. After the food I went to my room and for the first time after a long time I slept with slightly relieved heart.

Future glimpse:

"I missed you" the latter said.

-

A/N: I hope you guys like this story. Please give your feedbacks.

AUTHOR-NIM: MABEL