36-FINAL

Song: KARD 'GUNSHOT' (카드 GUNSHOT 가사)

I turned my body towards him and was ready to throw a solid punch in his jaw, but after I saw his face all power inside me drained and my facial expressions dropped instantly.

Jaebeom

"W-why are you here?" Words crawled out of my mouth and my heart squeezed, thinking about the consequences.

"Hanbin lets go." He said in a hurry, grabbing my hand. I pulled my hand from his grasp, shoving him away.

"Jaebeom, you should leave!" I whispered yelled, gritting my jaw.

He sighed turning his head to a side, placing his hand on his forehead—clearly tired.

"Hanbin it's enough, you did what you wanted now let's leave, if you don't want any of us to die. Jinyoung will take care of Jackson." His hand once again reached to pull me with him but I took a step back revolting against him. Jinyoung was also here, everything is going as dad planned—Damn it!

How can I be so selfish and leave Jackson to die, when he risked his life to help me. Above all everything's because of me.

I balled my fists, my nails dug deep in my flesh. Breathing heavily I shook my head, trying to get away from the wave of anxiety befalling upon me.

"Once again I can't leave others to die because of me! Jaebeom, why don't you get my point?" I cried out loud not caring that my voice is heard by anyone or not.

His eyes widened and he tried to cover my mouth using his hand but I slapped it away, placing my hands over his chest before pushing him away.

He stumbled back, looking at me with his hurt and horror filled orbs.

"If you stop me today, then forget about me for your whole life. You will be dead to me." I didn't mean hurting my brother but like always I was stuck in such misery, that it sucks out every ounce of strength from inside me, just leaving me with the desperation to end this.

Sooner than any of us could argument further, a gunshot tore into the murky night. Every hair on my body stood up as the origin was close to where Dad was. Tearing away my teary gaze from Jaebeom I looked on my back, my heart beating so swiftly that I almost thought that it would burst any moment from now.

Glaring one last time at my brother, I grasped tightly over the ice-cold metal, and ran off in the darkness. Only my breathing and the voice of my shoes thumping on the ground echoed in the whole street.

'Click-click!' I loaded the gun, ready to kill anyone who hurted us.

My legs shook visibly and my eyes watered uncontrollably, but I kept blinking them, looking at the scene taking place in front of my eyes. For a few minutes it gave the impression that everything was happening in slow motion.

Jackson was kicked by person in his stomach so mercilessly that it even made me sick, blood sprayed out of his mouth and soon his nose also flowed with red liquid, result of continuous punches on his face. He sat on his knees, his gaze not able to focus on one thing. Sweat mixed with blood seeped down his face.

My world spun around me, looking at Jinyoung, Jaehyun pushed him to the wall, attacking him with uninterrupted punches. He breathed heavily, his eyes dropping and blooding spewing out of his torn cheek, his lip dwelling into a dark purplish shade and swelling evident on his face.

Yet Jinyoung didn't give up, his nostrils flared in agitation, and he fought endlessly with the beast hovering over him. Until Jaehyun pushed his weary body to the hard concrete and twisted his arm behind his back in such unnatural way, that a heart wrenching scream escaped from his mouth, along with the scarlet droplets of blood dripping on the grey land, turning black.