Nick And Meghan's Surprise

December of 2018

•4 December - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended a carol service in Chelsea in support of the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund this evening.

•5 December - The Duchess of Sussex joined university leaders, academics and international scholarship students for an event hosted by the Association of Commonwealth Universities at King's College London.

•6 December - Private Engagement - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation, this afternoon attended a Christmas Reception at 5 St Mary Abbots Place.

•10 December - The Duchess of Sussex made a surprise appearance at the 2018 British Fashion Awards to present Givenchy's Clare Waight Keller with the British Designer of the Year Womenswear Award.

•11 December - Private Engagement - The Duke of Sussex, President, The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, and The Duchess of Sussex this afternoon attended a Board Meeting at Thomas House, 84 Eccleston Square, London SW1.

•12 December - Private Engagement - The Duchess of Sussex has a private meeting with the director of the National Theatre.

•18 December - The Duchess of Sussex visited the Royal Variety Charity's residential nursing and care home Brinsworth House.

•19 December - The Queen's pre-Christmas luncheon.

•20 December - Private Engagement - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited the Hubb Community Kitchen.

•25 December - Christmas Day service at Sandringham.

The Royal Family have greeted hundreds of well-wishers after attending the Christmas Day church service at Sandringham.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were all smiles as they left the service on the Queen's estate in Norfolk.

Prince Charles attended but the Duchess of Cornwall missed church due to a heavy cold.

The Duke of Edinburgh also stayed home - but is said to be in good health.

Catherine and Mahira, who is pregnant with her and Prince Harry's first child, walked side by side to church, chatting and smiling.

Many of those gathered had brought bouquets of flowers and called out "Merry Christmas" as the royal party went past.

Royals looking 'happy and relaxed'

By BBC correspondent Charlotte Gallagher

There were huge cheers from the crowd when the royal family arrived for the morning's church service - especially for the Queen.

The queen was driven there by a chauffeur while the rest of the family walked up and greeted people when they went past.

January of 2019