In Mourning

In Mourning

8,790 likesmahirajames My dad was my best friend, my idol and my protector

8,790 likes
mahirajames My dad was my best friend, my idol and my protector. He was the man of my life. I was very close to my father, he was my superhero, my idol. I wanted to grow up and be him. He was a musician, he used to perform on stage, he was a surgeon, he was an artist, he was the life of a party, gregarious laughter, extremely confident man. He always knew everything... So I hope wherever you are, You know that you are with us everyday. In everything I do, I think about your encouragement... In every choice I make, I ask for your affirmation... In everything that happens to me, I am grateful for your blessings. I wish you were here every day! We love you.
View all 678 comments

"How is she doing?" Charles asked.

"She's doing good, she's helping her mum plan the funeral," Harry answered.

"Are you sure you two will join us for Christmas at Sandringham?" Charles asked.

"I told Mahira to go and join her mother in India," Harry replied.

"Why don't you go with her?" Charles asked.

"Should I?" Harry replied.

"You can join us after Christmas, of course,"
Charles said.

"Okay, I'll talk to Granny about leaving to Sandringham for the funeral," Harry said.

"Good," Charles said.

12,793 likes mahirajames It hurts to think that you are not here anymore

12,793 likes
mahirajames It hurts to think that you are not here anymore. Although I can't help but smile with tears in my eyes to think of how we cherished each and every moment of our lives together when you were alive. I miss you, dad.
View all 890 comments

The Queen misses traditional Christmas day church service at Sandringham for the first time in 30 years as she is 'recovering from a heavy cold' but the rest of the Royal family attend

Dozens of royals attended a church service at the Sandringham Estate today - a cornerstone of the family's Christmas celebrations - however the Queen herself was notably absent as she continues to recover from a heavy cold

Prince Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of Sussex, The Earl of Wessex and Prince Andrew joined other royals as they made their way from Sandringham House to St Mary Magdalene Church where they enjoyed two Christmas services.

As supreme Governor of the Church of England, the Queen's faith is incredibly important to her - and this is the first time in nearly 30 years the 90-year-old Monarch has missed the service, which she and her husband Prince Philip, 95, have attended every year since 1988.

It is thought the Queen has not missed a Christmas Day service at either Sandringham or Windsor Castle - the previous location for the monarch's festive break - in living memory.

This comes amid a tumultuous week for the royals, which has seen the Queen and her husband the Duke of Edinburgh struck down with illness and the tragic news her granddaughter Zara Tindall had lost her unborn baby.

The service at Sandringham is one of the highlights in the Royal calendar, in which members of the family spend quality time with one another.

However this is the first time in some 28 years the Queen has not attended.

A spokesman for Kensington Palace said today: 'Her Majesty The Queen will not attend Church at Sandringham this morning.

'The Queen continues to recover from a heavy cold and will stay indoors to assist with her recovery.

'Her Majesty will participate in the Royal Family Christmas celebrations during the day.'

"Harry!" Mahira exclaimed in shock as she opened her front door to find Harry standing there with his royal protection officers.

"Hello, Mahira, can they look around?" Harry asked.

"Oh, of course," Mahira said as she stepped aside so they could look around before Harry could go in.

"Everything is good," Tim, Harry's head royal protection officer said, coming back out.

Harry got inside the house then kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm so happy that you're here," Mahira said.

"I'm glad to be here for you," Harry said.