New Year

New Year

January of 2018

Harry and Mahira Kick Off 2018 with Visit to Brixton

For their first official engagement of 2018, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited Reprezent 107.3FM in Brixton, to see their work supporting young people through creative training in radio and broadcasting, and to learn more about their model of using music, radio and media for social impact.

The couple enjoyed a "fantastic" Christmas with the Royal family at Sandringham before a romantic break to Monaco to ring in the New Year.

Back in London, Harry and Mahira are looking forward to carrying out a number of engagements around the UK.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Charm Cardiff

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited Cardiff for a day showcasing the rich culture and heritage of Wales, and to learn more about some of the organisations working in communities across the country.

The engagements are part of the couple's plan to visit communities around the UK.

Mahira thanked well wishers for waiting and braving the cold, adding she "appreciated" it. Once again, she was a hit with those she met. Mahira was presented with daffodils, the National Flower of Wales.

They were presented with a traditional Celtic love spoon by local children, named Harry and Mahira.

Kensington Palace tweeted "Prynhawn da Caerdydd! What an incredible welcome to Wales!"

HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank are engaged to be married

Published 22 January 2018

The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Eugenie to Mr Jack Brooksbank.

Her Royal Highness and Mr Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month.

The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course.

Princess Eugenie to marry boyfriend Jack Brooksbank

Princess Eugenie is to marry her long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The Duke and Duchess of York said their younger daughter and Mr Brooksbank became engaged while in Nicaragua earlier this month.

The wedding will take place at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, in the autumn.

The princess met the former manager of Mayfair club Mahiki while skiing. They have dated for several years.

It will be the second royal wedding at the chapel since - Prince Harry and Mahira James's wedding back in June 2017.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said Princess Eugenie's grandparents, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, were "very pleased and wish the couple all the best".

Engagement pictures of the couple, taken in the Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace, have been released following the announcement.

The padparadscha is a rare pink-orange sapphire and usually comes from Sri Lanka.