Article

Article

Mahira James's father dies of cancer at 64

MAHIRA JAMES HAS FINALLY BID FAREWELL TO HER FATHER ASHOK JAMES WHO DIED IN MUMBAI'S KOKILABEN DHIRUBHAI AMBANI HOSPITAL TODAY.

Mahira James has finally bid farewell to her father Ashok James who died in Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital today.

Mr James had long been a cancer patient and was admitted to hospital just days ago in critical condition.Mr James was first diagnosed with cancer in 2005, and he had been in and out of hospital ever since.

Mahira James was famously very close to her father and often paid him tribute on social media. She wore her heart on her sleeve with a tattoo on her wrist that read "Daddy's Li'l Girl," a phrase she also used to describe herself on her Twitter account.

Mahira's family, friends and colleagues from Bollywood have paid their last respects to her father on Twitter.

Bipasha Basu: Strength to u @mahirajames n ur family.

Neha Dhupia: So so sad to hear about your loss @mahirajames ... Condolences to u and your family. Sending u tons of love n energy to get past this.

Genelia D'souza: Deepest and Heartfelt condolences 2 dear @mahirajames, your mom n ur fly.. All the strength 2u

FarhanAkhtarFC: Deepest condolences to u @mahirajames . Strength, love and support to you.

Prince Harry as been there for her as her rock and support system this whole time. They were seen in Mumbai airport two days ago. She was wearing dark shades to cover up her eyes. Royal protection was also with them.