"Soon." He replied, running his fingers through his hair. "It's getting extremely hard to hide the fact that I'm a mermaid while living with humans."

"What do you mean?"

Taehyung sighed softly. "When I'm with Jeongguk, I always forget I'm a mermaid for a little while." He told the older, before adding, "I don't know how many times Jeongguk has almost caught me in the bathtub with my tail on display." He finished.

Jimin nodded slowly, taking it all in as he sipped his coffee. "Tae, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

The older took a deep breath. "Have you ever thought about telling Jeongguk that you're a mermaid?" He asked, tapping his fingers against his cup.

Taehyung knew that question was coming... and truth be told, he thought about it all the time. He just didn't know how to tell him he was one. He thought about every scenario and each one ended badly.

Taehyung was afraid that once he did tell Jeongguk he was a mermaid, he would look at him differently. He was also afraid that the younger would feel betrayed because he kept such a huge secret from him in the first place. Taehyung didn't want to lose him. That was his biggest fear, losing Jeongguk.

"Yeah, I have. But I'm terrified that he'll hate me, Jimin."

"I understand that, trust me. But if you want to be with him long term, he has to know. You can't keep hiding it from him." Jimin told the younger.

Taehyung knew he was right. He always was about things like this. But when would be the right time to tell Jeongguk?

"You're right. I'll figure out a way to confess, but I'm going to need some time." He answered, taking a sip of his beverage.

"Take all the time you need, just don't wait too long."

Taehyung nodded, before changing the subject completely. "Enough about me, though. What did you need to talk about?" He asked.

Jimin instantly tensed up, the nervousness the younger felt through the phone returning. He didn't know what the older was so afraid of, but he was kind of curious to find out.

"Oh, it's nothing. Forget about it."

"Jimin."

"Yes?"

"Talk to me."

The seventeen year old bit his lip before taking a big swig of his coffee, swallowing hard. It was about Yoongi. He just didn't know how to bring it up, because he was terrified of the feelings he had for him.

"You remember when you told me weeks ago that I'd find someone to fall in love with?" Jimin asked, biting his lip softly.

"When we were walking to school together?"

The older boy nodded, looking down at his coffee mug.

"Yeah, I do. Why?" Taehyung questioned, tilting his head to the side, his curiosity peaking.