"What are you doing here?" Jax asked when he was finally able to drag me out of the room and shut the door behind him.

       "I thought I saw you go into this door, and I did! And you're here!" My arms squeezed tighter around him, like he would disappear at any moment if I didn't. I hadn't seen him in so long.

       His laugh turned into a chuckle and he patted me lightly on the shoulders as I pressed my cheek against him. "Okay, by why are you here, Bae? You shouldn't be around fighting. You know what it does to your-"

       "Rosalyn!"

       Oof.

       I had forgotten about Trey.

       The mountain of a man/boy came barreling through the door, and the look on his face was anything but happy. I pulled reluctantly away from Jax, my ecstatic smile slowly falling away in guilt.

       "H-Hey, Trey." I tried to give him a sheepish smile and little wave as he came stomping over to us, the twins hot on his heels, but the overprotective blond behind me had other ideas.

       Just like when we were little, Jax gripped tightly onto my arm and dragged me behind him like he could be the Great Wall of China against anything that would hurt me.

       Trey didn't miss a beat. He stopped a few feet away, his usually bright eyes dark as he glanced between us. "Who the fuck are you?" Jax started off angrily, his fist tight as his side as his arm kept me pushed back.

       "No Jax! It's okay, they're my friends!" I swatted at his tight grip, though that did nothing.

       "You know him, Rose?" Trey asked barely a few feet in front of us, the twins standing awkwardly at his side like they weren't sure what to do.

       "Um, yes!" Think fast. Think fast. I couldn't tell them how we knew each other. They would tell Rex and then I would have to tell him everything. I couldn't tell him everything. He would leave.

       "We went to middle school together!"

       Yes! I'm good.

       Jax's bright blue eyes snapped over to mine, a blond eyebrow raised in question, but I just shook my head and yanked my arm until he finally let go. "Who are these people, Rosie?" He asked instead of correcting my answer. I shot him a small smile in thanks before stepping around him.

       "They're my friends from school, and I came with them to watch our other friend. And they're super awesome so you have to be nice." I hissed and scowled at him, but he just rolled those blue eyes.

       "I'm always nice."

       "Rose..." Trey started softly and took a step towards us. "We should probably get going." His green eyes flickered between us uncertainly. "If Rex finds out you ran off, he will lose his-"

       "I already know."

       And like saying his name could summon the devil, Rex walked around the corner at the end of the hall. His perfectly toned body out for all to see. My heart jumped at the sight of him, like it did whenever I saw him, and my body automatically turned to him.

       But he so didn't look happy.

       I tried to give him a warm smile, but the dark look in his eyes killed any chance of that. I tugged on the ends of my hair nervously as the other boys watched our little tense exchange.

       "I'm really sorry." I started softly as he walked over to us, a towel in his hand as he wiped the sweat out of his hair. "I saw my friend, and I wasn't thinking, and I..." The words died on my lips as Jax took a step closer, his protective mode still rearing its head. Rex's dark gaze snapped to him his jaw gritting shut.