Chapter 29

Hey guys! Fun fact: I wrote this chapter in two different ways and couldn't figure out which one to do so if its a little spacey that's why!

ALSO, I could NOT remember what I named their town for the life of me! I want to say its Jasper but I could be wrong... I even went back through the story to try and find it--whoopsie oh well.

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

P.s. I was going to split this into two chapters since there's so much BUT I figured I've been dragging out the Halloween build up long enough. So this is a little longer than usual!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 29

       Robert Tranvo's house was massive. He lived in the uppity part of town, the one with the gated community full of mansions and a pass-code to get past the security team. Yeah, that right. A security team, not even a guard—a team.

       Rob's house could probably fit three of mine in length and two in width, not including the front and back yard. He had an indoor and outdoor pool, a hot tub and a jacuzzi—'cause yes, apparently there was a difference—a private pond, a home movie theater, a back building containing an ice rink and so much more my head would explode just thinking about it.

       His mom was a neurosurgeon and his dad was the CEO for Always Evans—a private car dealership that quickly gained ground in the East coast until it spread nationwide—and then internationally. It was a multi-billion-dollar franchise.

       It was safe to say he was loaded.

       I could tell Rex was uncomfortable. He shifted uneasily beside me in his convertible, his dark eyes gazing across the mansion and then all the cars parked in the lengthy wrap around driveway. I wasn't sure if it was the wealthiness or the crowd that was bothering him. Either way it was making me really not want to tell him that my dad owned the company Rob's father was CEO of.

       "I really fucking hate people." Rex grumbled as those dark chestnut eyes glanced over the already drunken hoard clambering about the front lawn—the front lawn with a massive angel-based water fountain.

       "I know." I tried to encourage softly as our attention turned to the rest of the Big Four climbing out of Trey's SUV in front of us, Lainy's angel white costume standing out starkly against the dark colors of the boy's normal clothes. None of them bothered to wear a costume.

       "Let's get this fucking over with." He practically growled as he cut the engine and stepped out of the car. I followed slowly after him.

       He hadn't been angry at what Denton said back at Trey's house, from what I saw at least, though that pale ghost expression that had crossed the Dimajio's face suggested otherwise. Rex's mood had definitely taken a darker turn since we left my neighborhood. I was just going to have to try my hardest not to aggravate him anymore tonight.

       "Lainy don't you dare think of running off again!" We heard Trey shot the minute Rex locked up his car and walked towards me, his hand automatically reaching out for mine. My heart fluttered as I let my fingers slip between his.

       We watched Lainy flip Trey the bird before bouncing off to meet her friends waving and giggling over at her by the entrance of the mansion. "I have a feel I'm going to be knocking some heads together tonight." Trey grumbled when we reached them, that disgruntled frown darkening his bright eyes.