Chapter 47

Hi Hi :D I figured you guys deserved two updates in a row for putting up with me all this time! Sadly, like always, I can't promise this quick writing will keep happening D:

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 47

       "When do I get to see your place?" I asked around a mouthful of spaghetti, which was apparently the only thing Rex bothered cooking. Not that he couldn't cook, just that he didn't want to put all the effort into it—at least, that's what he said.

       "Soon, soon. It's not ready yet." Jax spoke absentmindedly into the phone. It was Sunday, the day right before school started, and even though my allergies had only lasted a few days, I could not get my mind off that kiss with Rex. Well, kisses. There had been a lot of them that night, and I wanted more.

       "You said that the other day." I groaned like a four-year-old, or like Denton, and dropped my fork back onto the plate. Rex was getting ready for the gym, and left me all alone to stuff my face.

       "I know, I know. I just want it all together before you see it. I got stuff. So much useless, stupid, expensive junk. It's incredible."

       I didn't question the awe in his voice. Jax never had junk growing up. Anything he had with his parents was short lived, and in the foster system you only had what you could carry in a trash bag. A trash bag, like everything we owned was garbage. There were the lucky kids though. The ones that actually got adopted, or stuck with one house for most of their lives.

       Some even found great fosters that actually treated them like children worth carrying about. The only difference between Jax and I was that dad found me. Jax was never that lucky and he stayed in. He refused to leave. I understood why, even if I didn't agree with it. Self-inflicted punishment.

       "If I promise not to show up without you knowing, will you at least tell me where it is?" Rex walked back into the kitchen then, his gym bag slung over his strong shoulder as he raised a dark eyebrow and nodded towards my phone. I mouthed 'Jax', which only earned a sharp look shot my way. I ignored it.

       "Um, sure. It's right on the corner of Dove and Griffin in downtown Jasper."

       "Oo! That's not far from here!" I exclaimed excitedly as Rex set his bag down and grabbed the now-empty plate in front of me.

       "It's like thirty minutes from your house, Rose—"

       "Oh, no, I'm at Rex's his apartment, it's literally right down Central Street."

       Rex groaned as he set the plate down in the sink. "Don't tell him where I live, Rosalyn." I continued to ignore him.

      A small laugh sounded from the other line. "Lover boy still hate me?"

       "Yeah, but don't take it personally. He hates everyone." I mumbled into the phone and dropped my chin into my palm.

       "That's not true." Rex argued as he walked back over to the kitchen table and leaned down beside me. "I don't hate you." Heat flooded my neck as he pressed a kiss against my cheek before pulling away.

       "Hey, Bae, I'll talk to you later okay? I got to get this second coat of paint on."

       "Okay, bye."