𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱-𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺.

There's not any romantic feelings in their relationship, just a therapist and one of his patients. Hope you enjoy🖤

The human mind is truly the scariest thing of all, so Brandon doesn't really know why he decided to work with it. But he did, and surprisingly, he loved to help young people going through stuff, just like he was at their age. But there was one boy who stuck out to him. 

Nicholas Carter Mara.

He had come into Brandon's small room the first day, not saying a single word the whole hour and a half they had together. He had just stared at his therapist, almost like he was searching for something. Brandon had tried to make him open up, but the teenager kept quiet and played with the armchair he was sat in.

Just before he was out of the door, he turned around and slapped Brandon across the cheek. The adult had gasped, looking at Nick terrified. "Sorry, Mr. Arreaga. Patricia was about to touch you, and she's sick right now." And that was the first time he had opened his mouth today, so Brandon couldn't even be mad at him. He just nodded and Nick was out the door in 5 seconds. 

Brandon was left standing dumbfounded, before pulling himself together and going over to his receptionist, Edwin. "Hey, Edwin? Is there a day every week where I don't have any plans at all?", Brandon asked. Edwin held his finger up as a sign for Brandon to wait while he checked the therapist's calendar. "No one ever books meetings on Fridays."

"Then call Mr. and Mrs. Mara and tell them I'll be spending every Friday with their son, from eight am to six pm. I'll take care of the school and all." Edwin sat a period in his notebook and looked at his boss. "I'll do just that." Brandon thanked his receptionist and went into his room. All the therapists in the little 'house', had a room for themselves and their patients.

Brandon didn't like to call the people he talked with patients. They were people who needed someone to talk to, not someone who had broken their leg. Much like Nick was.

(✿◡‿◡)

"Nicholas, baby, Mr. Arreaga is downstairs now. Are you ready?" Nick's mom peeked into the room, seeing her son sitting on his bed. He was looking out of the big window in his room but occasionally glanced over at where his pillows were propped up. "In a minute mom, I have to say goodbye Peter so he doesn't get sad when I leave." Mrs. Mara frowned and went downstairs again.

"I'm sorry, he said he needs to say goodbye to one of his imaginary friends. I'm really sorry for his behaviour, I thought the friends would be gone after kindergarten, but he never let go of them. His dad and I got a little worried, that's why we found you."

Brandon nodded his head, wanting to ask more questions about the younger boy, but at that moment the boy decided to make his presence know by falling down the stairs. His mom rushed over to him and stood him up on his feet. "What happened, sweetie?"

"Peter got mad and pushed me. It's all good now though", Nick mumbled and shook his mom's hands off his arms. "We'll be done about six pm tonight, is that okay?", Brandon asked, even though Edwin had already given them all the information. Mrs. Carter nodded and kissed her son's cheek. Brandon smiled at the cute family moment and pushed Nick slightly out of the house.

When they were situated in Brandon's car, Nick frowned and rubbed his forearm. Brandon glanced quickly over at Nick, and the teenager blushed. "Is it Peter?" Brandon decided to make a small conversation until they were at the location he had decided. They were not going to be in his small room a whole day, he couldn't offer Nick that. 

"No, Patricia, Peter's little sister. It's actually, everyone in their family starts with a p." Nick giggled to himself, imagining Patricia laughing with him. She had a crazy laugh, almost sounded like a dying cow. He would be concerned for her if he hadn't heard her laugh many times before. "What are the other names?"

"There's the oldest brother, Puck. Their mom is called Penelope and their father is called, what is your father's name?" Nick looked at the backseat. "I know you've told me before, but I have a lot to remember and Mr. Arreaga wants to know." It was weird to see Nick conversating with himself, but it was kinda Brandon's job to help him not to.

"Nick, I think I'm okay with all the names I have to remember now. We're here now." Nick looked at his therapist and then out of the window of the car. They were at a cliff, one Nick had never been to before. The sun was slowly rising, making the view very pretty. Nick opened the door and stepped out when Brandon did. "It's very pretty, Mr. Arrega. But why did you take me here?"

"I thought we could find your friends a new home?" 

Nick furrowed his eyebrows, before his brown orbs filled with tears. "You think I'm crazy, just like everyone else." Brandon almost missed what he said, since Nick whispered and it was very windy on the cliff. Brandon walked over to Nick and wrapped his arms around the tiny boy. He didn't respond to the hug, just let the older boy hug him until he stepped back.

"Nick, I don't think you're crazy. But everyone needs to let something go, and wouldn't they be ecstatic to live in the water?" Brandon really tried to explain himself, he had thought this was a fantastic idea back in his room. "Like mermaids and mermen?" Brandon noticed the glimmer in Nick's eyes and nodded his head quickly.

The teenager nodded back and went over to the edge, Brandon following closely behind him so he wouldn't fall (or jump) off the high cliff.  "Goodbye P-family, I hope you have a good life." He hugged himself, before spreading his arms and looking down in the water. "Did they land safely?", Brandon asked.

Nick nodded his head and smiled softly. "Well, we should get going then." Brandon clapped his hands together and walked over towards the car. Nick looked at him confused but got situated in the vehicle. "Where are we going?"

"You like the cinema, don't you?