✧Chapter Nineteen✧

Chapter Nineteen - True colors [Part 2]

The next day.

Jinri was off today and I would keep trying to continue our conversation from yesterday, but she would always try to change the subject or just block me out completely, and it's becoming pretty annoying.

“Ugh! Why do you have to be so stubborn?!” I ran my fingers through my hair, all frustrated.

“Me, stubborn? You're the one that's stubborn” Jinri was at this point pacing the room “We came here to do one thing She held up her pointer finger and repeated “One thing Alison” She crossed her arms “We didn't come here to move in permanently, cause I wasn't planning on that. I have a job Alison and you should understand that” She finished off, as she dropped herself on the couch with her arms still crossed.

“But that's why I asked you to tran-”.

“Whatever that is happening at your mom's house, it's her business. If she wants to stay with an abusive partner, then that's her choice not yours. If she wants Alayna to stay with her father, that's her choice and not yours” Jinri explained, which it wasn't new news to me “Think about Alayna, not only about yourself. Damian may be a bad guy towards your mother, but at least I'm sure he's a good father to Alayna. So, doesn't that only matter?”.

“You already know I disagree on that. I would be more happy if he treats them both with love and isn't abusing my mother, no matter how much wrong she did. She has changed and you know that she's a completely different person than before”.

“So what if she changed? It still doesn't change the fact that it's her business and not yours- end of discussion”.

“Okay then, let's talk about something that is my business” Now this gave me an opportunity to dive into Jinri's past love life and I for sure should know about it.

“And what may that be?” Jinri rolled her eyes and looked over to me, looking uninterested to know what I needed to say, and I have to admit that kinda hurt.

“Well you already know about my past, but I don't know about yours” I told her “What's so bad about your past that you don't want me to know about?” I asked, knowing my past was fucked up, but she knows every detail of it.

“Reasons being, it's just that you don't need to know those details about me”.

“But you would tell Theodore” I felt hurt at this moment. Because she was more comfortable telling other people, but not me and that hurt me, knowing that our relationship was all about keeping no secrets in between us and I guess not.

“Baby, it's not like that” Jinri tried to hold my hand, but I just pulled away.

“Don't baby me!” I was annoyed and pissed off at the same time “Jinri I thought there was going to be no secrets between us. You practically know every detail about me” I told her. It wasn't fair that she good open up to someone else and not me.

“Well that's you and not me” Jinri breathed out “There are just things about me that you just don't need to know about” She said leaving it at that.

“Oh my gosh, I don't know how many times I heard that from you” I rolled my eyes “You act like I won't handle it. Hell, I handle the news when you told me that you were not human, but a God dang vampire. How much of a surprise is there? That I won't handle” I explained to her, knowing damn well that I could probably handle anything. I just wanted to know stuff about Jinri, cause now it just feels like I don't know her at all and I hated that feeling.

“My life was complicated, okay?”.

“And mine, wasn't?” I gave her that look as if it was news to me “I want to know everything about you, despite it being not brighter things, cause no one is perfect in this cruel as world” I told her wanting her to be comfortable with me, which she should be, we've been together for six years, six years!