✧Chapter Eighteen✧

Start from the beginning

“Why you so in a rush?” Stacie looked behind me, as she put her hands behind her back.

“No reason, I was heading to the washroom” I told her, obviously I didn't tell her about that short episode I just had.

“Oh well, I don't wanna stop you” Stacie made me go ahead of her, with me giving her a small nod before passing her, but once I was about to be on my way..

“Oh and Dr. Michelle's wants to see you” Stacie informed me, which I just gave her a small thanks with a nod, before I went over to my destination.

As I reached the washroom. I made the water run, gripping onto the side of the sink, looking myself in the mirror and I started to aggressively wash my face with water.

Are you okay darling?  Theodore's taunting voice echoed in my head. Are you okay Jin-ri..?

“Shut up!” I growled, revealing my fangs as my once amber eyes turned into dark pink, as I heard Theodore's malicious laugh, until I felt his presence just vanish.

I made myself go back to my normal state, turning off the water and drying off my face with some paper towel before exiting the washroom.

Once I was heading over to Dr. Michelle's office, a strong scent hit my nose, which caused me to turn around, seeing a women that almost looked identical to Alison.

“Baby?” I don't know what came over me, but I ended up following that person and we ended up being face to face in the morge downstairs, and that's when I knew I made a wrong move.

“Why do you look disappointed?” The women in front of me, was pale, but she was definitely not a vampire. Because vampires don't have a scent- at least I never met one that does, but I'm sure they don't, cause they'll be easy to find among other vampires.

“What's Theodore working with a human for? He talks down on humans and yet using one as a messenger” I crossed my arms.

“He knew you were attracted to humans with strong scent and plus he promised me something” I rolled my eyes uninterested.

“Just say what you need to say, cause I need to get back to work” I said getting impatient.

The women groaned “You vampires are just the same” She rolled her eyes “He just wanted me to tell you that, your time is running low and that he hopes you made a right decision, that you won't regret” She told me “Oh and..He wanted to give you this” She placed a ring on the table “I guess I'll see you later” She said with a mischievous smirk, as she left me alone, staring at the ring and I felt so my rage, just by looking at it.

I picked it up and clenched into my palm. I was about to throw it, but Theodore made himself welcome in my thoughts.

That's no way to treat a gift your lover has given you  I could tell he had that smirk that I hate so much on his face of his.

“This ring means nothing to me anymore” I said remembering the day that I thought I met my match, a person I thought that loved me, but more so just used me as their pawn in their little game of theirs, and that's not gonna happen for me anymore.

I just want you to give it back to me once you made your decision I felt Theodore's presence right beside me, but he was no where to be seen. And you better have made the right one... I felt his breathe against my ear, as he whispered those words before his presence was completely gone.

All I did was look down at the ring in the palm of my hand, you're dang right I'm making the right decision...

✦✦✦

Alison's P.O.V.

I woke up to cold hands touching my face, which made me flinch, seeing Jinri hovered over me.

“Sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you” Jinri said as she maneuvered my head onto her lap, with her stroking my hair, seeing her still wearing her nurses outfit.

“How was work?” I looked up at her, taking her hand in mind, kissing the back of it.

“Same ol' thing” was all Jinri said.

“Did you ask your boss about the transfer?” I knew she didn't wanna stay, but I'm still on the fact that I wanted to take my mother along with me, until I leave this place for good.

“No, I didn't come around to it” When she said that, I just looked at her with a are you serious look.

“Baby, y'know I don't wanna get into this with you again” Jinri rolled her eyes, lifting up my head off her lap “I'm gonna go shower” She quickly gave me a kiss on my forehead before leaving me alone downstairs.

I stayed downstairs for a long while before making my way upstairs, as I hopped onto the bed. I noticed a ring and I for sure know that Jinri never had this ring before, or have I ever seen it.

I picked it up and started swirling it around my hand. It's beautiful isn't it? It was like I heard Theodore voice, but then that's when Jinri came out of the shower and she didn't look to happy.

“Who told you to touch that?” She quickly went over to my side and snatched the ring off my hand.

“What? It was right there” I didn't know why she was being all defensive over that ring, but then..it just hit me.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Jinri turned away from me and went over to her closet, placing the ring in one of her small jewelry boxes, before taking out some pj's for her to wear to bed.

“It hurts that you're hiding things from me”.

“Baby, if you think I'm cheating on you” She turned around to face me “I'm not. I love you okay” She added, as she started to put on her underwear and just pulled a tank top over shoulders without no bra, before climbing into bed with me.

“I'm not thinking that. I just have a feeling that it's from y'know who ” I didn't wanna even mention his name, knowing damn well that before his unannounced appearance, thinking that he can walk back into Jinri's life and control everything, and most definitely think he's gonna get back just from a few threats, he is for sure wrong.

“He visited me at work, well kinda ” Jinri told me, seeing her look like she didn't wanna talk about it.

“Does he think bribing you with a ring will make you take him back?”.

Jinri shook her head and let out a sigh “He gave me that ring every since” She told me “When we were dating he told me that it's a symbol of our love” at this point she looked pissed “But now I could careless” She tucked herself in bed.

“Wait, baby we ain't finish with our-” Jinri cut me off by quickly placing her finger on my lip.

“Can we talk about all this tomorrow. I just wanna cuddle with my baby and relax from a stressful day at work” I couldn't argue with that and I honestly shouldn't even be this way, knowing that Jinri is a working women and I am not, but I still had allot of thing to ask.

“Okay, but you better make sure” I laid down with her and snuggled up against her.

“Don't worry” She pulled me closer into her, as she kissed the top of my head, as we slowly drifted off to sleep.