Eight

Eight

"Dada, dada." Ella shakes my arm, wanting me to give her attention. 

"Wait, Ella." I whisper, gripping on my cellphone tighter so it won't fall from my hands. "I'm talking to Nana." 

"Nana!" Ella shouts into the cellphone excitedly. Usually I would have laughed but I am not in the mood from what my mother is saying. 

"Shh." I say trying to calm her down. I give her a kiss on the head so she won't feel too upset from my moodiness. "I love you. I'm sorry, Ella. Just wait until I finish talking to Nana okay?" She nods and walks back to her toys making me sigh with relief. 

"Harry?" My mum says into the phone. 

"Yeah, I'm here." I breathe out. 

"As I was saying, Gemma is going to bring her friend and friend's sister to the dinner again. I want you to talk to the sister. I think she would be good for you." I groan internally, standing up and going to the kitchen. 

"Mum, how many times do I have to say this." I sigh, running a hand through my hair with frustration. "I am fine by myself."

"But Ella isn't. She wants a mother figure." I let out another sigh. My mum is right, but that doesn't mean I have to start dating. I don't want to start dating.

"I know you want the best for Ella, I do too, but what about me, mum? I don't want to start seeing someone just because you want me too. I want to go at my own pace, you have to accept that." I hear let out a frustrated sigh. 

"I think Jasmine will be good for you, Harry." Now it is my turn to let out a frustrated sigh. 

"Mum."

"I have to go now, but be there at five o'clock."

"Okay, fine." 

"See you then. Bye, Harry."

"Okay, bye, mum." I say and hang up.

Placing my iPhone on the counter, I run hand through my hair. I don't get why my mum won't understand my point of view. I know it would be good for Ella since she will finally have a proper mother figure, but what about me. I am not happy about this idea. 

I walk out of the kitchen and sit besides Ella who is on the sofa. "Hey, princess. Sorry about that, I was just chatting with Nana. We are going to Auntie Gemma's house again for dinner." 

"We are?" She looks up at me with a smile. I nod my head. 

"Yes we are. So we have to get ready." 

"Okay!" Ella says with excitement and hops off of the couch, running to her room. 

We spend the next hour getting ready. I quickly take a shower while Ella picks out her clothes. When I come out of the shower I quickly dry myself and pull on my black skinny jeans. I put Ella in the tub next, filling it with warm water. I let her bathe herself, making sure she washes her hair and body while I shave my stubble, brush my teeth and fix my hair. When I finish, I quickly go to my room to put on one of my black shirt, and then sit on the toilet seat waiting until Ella finishes, passing the time by going on my phone. 

After thirty minutes of Ella in the water, I pull her out and wrap the towel around her small body before carrying her to her room, making sure she won't slip on the floor. Ella manages to get ready in fifteen minutes coming out of her room in light blue jeans and her dark blue long sleeved shirt. I quickly put her hair in a high ponytail before we put on our boots and jacket and leaving the flat.