Fourteen

Whoaaaaa, thank you so much for getting this story ranked 236 in fan fiction ilyyyy <3 

=======================

Fourteen 

Her cries and ragged breathing are the only sounds that can be heard. Jasmine has her hands covering her face to hide the tears running down them. Her sobs are quiet but painful, my heart ripping at every heartbreaking sob that leaves her mouth. 

I lift my hand up, hesitant to touch her since we aren't so close. But as another sob escapes her lips, I shake my head at the thought and gently rest my hand on her back to comfort her. I feel her body stiffen for a second but she soon relaxes to my touch as she continues to cry. 

"What's wrong?" I softly ask, my hand now rubbing circles along her back. Jasmine just shakes her head, unable to talk with her sobs. "Shh, it's okay." I say, trying to calm her down. "It's okay." I repeat, softer this time. 

Jasmine continues to cry while I stay silent, saying shh every so often, while rubbing her back. After a few minutes, her sobs quiet down to little hiccups, only a few tears running down her face. Jasmine bends her legs and wraps her arms around them with her head on her knees. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, instantly regretting my words. Knowing Jasmine, she will give me a glare and ask if it looks like she's alright. But instead, Jasmine just shakes her head. "What's wrong? Is it because of your parents?" I ask, continuing to rub her back. 

"My mother's an ass." She says, a frown on her face as she looks at me.

I reach my hand out to her face and wipe the remaining tears with my thumb. When I put my hand back to my side, Jasmine surprises me by resting her head on my shoulder. But then I remember she is drunk. 

"Why does she have to be like that? Why is she so against me?" She asks, raising her head to look at me. I notice her eyes glazing over, tears threatening to come out once more. 

"Hey," I say, hesitantly putting my hand to her cheek. "You did nothing wrong, Jasmine. Your mum was just looking for anything she could find to put you down. I bet she was actually impressed but she didn't want to admit that." Jasmine nods, resting her head back down against my arm. 

"It just hurt, ya know. I just want a mum and dad who will always be there for me, supporting me every step of the way no matter what." I hear her sniffle. "But I don't have that and I see everyone else have that. It hurts. Even my own sister has that. My parents don't support me but they support her." 

"Hey, that's not true."

"But it is. It is, Harry." She sniffs, looking at me once more. 

"Even if you don't have support from your parents, you have support from your sister, your friends." I say to which Jasmine bitterly laughs.

"Sister? She didn't even come tonight. And what friends? I have no real friends who will be there for me when I really need it." Jasmine says, pain written across all over her face. 

"You have me." I say. "I will be here for you whenever you need it." 

"Really?" She asks, her eyes wide and vulnerable. I nod, a small smile on my face. 

"Of course, Jasmine." She gives me a small smile and places one hand on my stomach, giving me a side hug. I put my arm around her also, giving her a much needed hug. 

"Thank you, Harry." She says, still resting her head on me. 

"Anytime, Jasmine."

Jasmine lifts her head from my shoulder and moves her hand back to her side before trying to stand up, She is unbalanced, using the counter to help her stand on her two feet. I stand up too, holding my hands out in case she stumbles.