Thirty-eight

Thirty-eight

"Come on now, Els, we don't want to miss the flight." I say, holding onto her hand as we make our way through the airport. She tries to keep up while my body goes in stress overload when I see there's only ten more minutes for boarding.

"I'm trying, dada." Ella moans, becoming frustrated with herself for not being fast enough. I stop walking, grabbing Ella from under her arms and hoisting her up onto my hip.

"It's okay, baby." I say, kissing her cheek. "We're going to be in Florida soon." I smile at her before jogging to catch up with the rest of the family.

This is what happens when we, the Styles/Watson family (plus Jasmine), have to get up at 5 in the morning...we can't. Jasmine and I over slept and woke up to my mum calling me at 7 saying that all of them are already at the airport. With our flight at 9:40, we were panicking and stressing trying to make it to the airport in time.

"You alright there, dada?" Jasmine teases, panting lightly from speed walking through Heathrow Airport.

"Sure," I give her a smile. "You could say that." I pant, starting to slow down from Ella's weight.

"We're almost there!" My mum shouts, making all of us sigh with relief.

We rush towards the booth, handing the lady our boarding passes and passports before walking through the air bridge. I let Ella down as we walk, all of us not rushing anymore since we made it through the gate.

"Florida, here we come." Alex says as he touches the outside of the airplane before stepping inside.

I bend down to Ella's height as the rest of the family climbs into the aircraft. "Touch the plane for good luck." I smile at Ella, standing my full height and holding onto her hand as we take a step closer to the plane. Ella nods her head, a smile on her features.

"Hello," One of the air hostesses smiles at Ella and I.

"Good morning." I smile at them, touching the outside of the plane before looking down at Ella and watching her touch it too. I smile at her when she taps the plane door, a bright grin of her face when she looks at me.

"Hi," Ella waves at them before we turn and walk down the aisle.

I see Jasmine ahead of us, stopped in the middle of the aisle as she waits for a middle aged man to sit back in his seat. Jasmine taps her foot with frustration while the guy takes his sweet time putting in his carry on onto the top department. When we think he has finally finished, the man stretches and starts to slowly take off his jacket.

I shake my head, looking behind me to see a couple also waiting for the man to sit down. I look back at Jasmine, seeing her turn towards me and mouthing 'oh my freaking god'. I mouth back 'I know right', just wanting to sit down in our seats already.

Finally, the man sits down and Jasmine says, "halle-freaking-lujah." I chuckle as we pass by, Jasmine sending me a flirty smile in return.

We continue walking down the aisle, passing by mum and Robin near the windows who wave at us with smiles on their faces. Ella lets out a giggle when she sees them, waving at them as we pass by.

"Here we are, at last." Jasmine says, sliding into the seats. She puts her bag under the seat in front. "It would have been great if we had seats all together."

"I know, mum and Robin are two rows in front, and Gemma, James and Alex are in the middle section a few rows back." I groan. This is one thing that I don't like about plane seatings.

I let Ella sit in the middle, Jasmine besides the window with me right at the aisle. Because we were one of the last to board the plane, shortly after the flight attendants start demonstrating the emergency procedures and before we know it we're soaring in the air.