Life Happens

It's been a while being in this hospital. My dad visited me last night and brought me a bear, flowers, and a balloon. I was really happy about that. But I only think he came because the day before my therapist told my parents how important it was for them to visit often. I was walking to Leo's room and noticed for the first time a boy in the room near him. Leo met me in the hall because we were going to go down to the cafeteria. "Who's that?"

"Oh, that's Charlie. He got in a really bad car accident and has been in a coma for a while."

"Can we go in there?"

"Um.. I'm not sure that's the best..-" I walked away from Leo into Charlie's room. I remember when my case worker told me I could end up in a coma if my blood sugar gets too low. I looked at Charlie. He looked dead but his heart was beating according to the monitor screen. I walked out past Leo. I was overwhelmed. Everything in my head that I had thought before Leo came into my life started to interrupt everything. I was relapsing and I couldn't not think about anything but the past. Leo asked if I was okay. I started yelling at him. He touched my arm and I pulled away. I stopped going to his room for several days. I stopped eating as much again.

Leo came to my room after a week had passed. "Emma.. How are you doing?" I knew I looked disgusting again and I didn't want to see him so I looked away. "Emma.. Can we talk?" I looked at him. I was afraid. "I think.. We should break up.." I grimaced my face. What in the world. "Fine." I tried to play it cool. He tried to apologize. I just shrugged. And he left. It took me about a week to get back to normal. I was in made to go to therapy three times a day after each meal. I started trying to get better again. Not for me. But for my sister Finley. I had a nightmare about her last night and I really don't want it to come true. So I'm ready to get better for my sister.

----------------------------------------------

They started letting me go back to school again since I was eating again. I sat by Leo because that's the only spot that's ever empty. He asked me how I was and I said I was fine. That's all we said that day. A few more days just rolled on by. Same old, same old. Nothing new ever happens. Me and Leo started to rekindle as friends. It wasn't too difficult for me. I just got over myself and started to work at being happy for me and not worry about the people who hurt me.

I knew that there was nothing anyone could do to make me better. I was the one in control of my life. But I was afraid to die now. For the sake of my sister. But I didn't want to go home at the same time. So I spent my days wavering back and forth between healthy and not healthy. Maybe someday I'll figure it out.

***THE END***

If you want to know what happens next, you can go to Foxnow.com and watch the full episodes of Red Band Society. The show is in jeopardy of not producing another season. I love Red Band Society and really hope there is another season. I thank you very much for reading my story. Comments greatly appreciated.